22

Alex' POV

I am sitting in the hotel room. I room with Jax. He is out with some of the players. I thought it were Tobs, CP, Lindsey, Allie and JJ. Seems like a fun group of people to hang out with. Although the whole team is fun. Crazy but fun. 

I'm listening some music, Kensington, nothing surprising here. While I'm listening to my favorite band, I'm thinking about my life. How my life was so different a few months ago. When I lived in a foster home, waiting to be adopted. Struggling with who I was, who I wanted to be. Struggling with being alive. Then that day came, sitting at the beach, with Ash. It seemed to fix problems, talking to her. My biggest inspiration. My idol. My mom. Now I'm okay with being alive. With being gay. With being myself. Not having to hide a part of yourself. 

I knew my brother was gay. I figured it out about a year ago. He was struggling with himself, I talked to him. He started asking me questions, I wasn't dumb, I knew where he was talking about. At that time we were both struggling, losing our birth mom wasn't simple. She was rock. When we needed her, she was there for you. If she was at work, she didn't care about when, it was her job to keep us alive and happy. That's a thing that I have always appreciated about her, always being there for you. And now she isn't there. But I have mom. I have mama. I have Jax. I have a whole freaking team of awesomeness and genuine people. I'm okay. I am still alive. And I'm going to make it amazing with all I have.

Because I was so deep in my thoughts, it lasted a few seconds before I heard someone knocking on the door. I open it and I see Kelley, nice. "Hey, how are you Kels? Come in." We sit on my bed.

"Hi Al, I'm good. Slept well your first day in France?"I ask her.

"I slept good. Are you coming to training with the team in the afternoon? Nothing serious, I think."

"I think so, I have to ask one of my moms." 

"I will sent a text in the group chat, they are out with a group of the girls. Shall I set you and your brother in the group chat, maybe it's handy one time."

"Seems like a good plan. Here is my number and Jax." I say to answer her question. And a few minutes later we are in the official USWNT chat, nice, now they can wake me up in the morning without a good reason. Nice.

__________________________________________________________

KO added Alex Harris

KO added Jax Harris

KO: Hi. Can Jax and Alex come to training this afternoon?

Baby Horse: Huh?

KO: Not you, the kids Harris I mean.

Baby Horse: Ohhh.... Forgot that part.

Coach: Sure, Alex, Jax, you have soccer gear with you?

Alex: I have and Jax has too. Mom, mama, can we?

It lasted a few minutes before one of them answered my question.

Ash: Sure.

KO: Thanks!

____________________________________________________________

"Seems like we have two more players in our training session." Says a unknown voice. We scream for our life.

"Jesus Christ, you scared the hell out of me Pinoe." Says Kelley. "And me. Thanks Megan." I add.

"What are you doing here girls?" Pinoe asks.

"Just talking for a bit." I answer her question.

"Does one or two of you want to explore Rennes with me? I don't speak French well enough to go alone..." She is looking at us like a kind of begging dog. 

"I speak fluent French, my mom learned me to speak French. So, yeah. Nice. Let's go."  I say. "And I know that you don't have to speak French when you are in French. You know it too, Pinoe."

"How?"

"Little reminder, I love the USWNT since I was like a little kid. Ask my brother, or not. What you want. Do you know that little clip you did with Tobin? Something like French lessons with the USWNT? Oui, oui, oui, oui?" She is looking at me like I'm a dog or something. Suddenly she seems to remember it. 

"Oh, but that's like 6 or 7 years ago." Replies she.

"You mean this video thing Alex?" Asks KO me. 

'Two National Team players are currently playing club soccer overseas in France. Tobin Heath at PSG and Megan Rapinoe at Olympique Lyonnais. We talked too the two US midfielder about learning a new culture and language, welcome to French class with Tobin Heath and Megan Rapinoe.' Before the video can play any further, Megan takes away KO's phone and runs away. Kelley is standing in the room like a lost puppy. 

"Yup, let's go find Megan and let's explore the city for a little bit." 

The United Gays of Soccer

Me: Hi mom, mama, Jax. I'm with KO and Pinoe exploring the city. I have my phoen with me if you need me. Love you X.

Mom: Have fun, control those girls a little bit, they are how do you say it 

Mama: idiotic

Mom: ASH!

Mom: If they ask you who you are, just answer that you are a niece or something. 

Me: Oui mama.

Mama: (imagine laughing smiley)

Here we go, if that's a good plan. Nope, but I don't care. Nice.