5

Ali's POV

Ash is at the beach this morning to surf. I woke up a few minutes ago, kind of disappointed she isn't home already. So I decided to call her and ask her if we can get some lunch with the team or friends. 

"Hi babe, how are you? Are you still at the beach?", I ask her.

 "Yes, I am. I made some friends, so I'm just talking and hanging out. Why did you call?" 

"I thought maybe we could go do something with some friends or the team. It's just an idea, maybe everyone is busy." 

 "Well, I would like that. I haven't seen them in quite a while. Can I bring Alex and Jax?  Their foster parents aren't home today and they have nothing to do today." 

A lot of questions pop up in my head. It is something Ash would do, hanging out with young kids, but this feels different. Normally she would talk, but nothing more.  

"Sure, how old are they?", I answer after a few seconds of silence.

"They are both sixteen, they are twins", she says, quite excited.

 "Can you ask them what they want to do?"

"Sure."

I hear them talking and laughing for a bit. Ash is a funny person, trust me,  I know.

"They don't really care, the weather is nice. Maybe you can come to the beach, go hiking or just hang out with friends at our house." 

"Sounds nice, I will come to the beach", and I think about all the things I need to do, "I will be there in about 20 minutes." 

"Love you!" 

"Bye, love you more!" I can almost hear her say, 'that isn't possible', but the line went silent.  

Not long after that, I get a text from Ash. I bet she forgot to say something. 

Hi Babe. Can you bring two pairs of shorts and shirts with you? Alex and I did go surfing, well I tried to learn her, haha. Thnx, ly. 

I reply that I will do that. I bring two of Ash' shirts and shorts with me and get Logan. 

Logan is our new pup. She is way too cute and we are spamming all our social media with her. 

While I walk to the beach I listen to some music. I text Ash when I'm almost at the beach with the question where they are exactly.  She replies that they are on the right side of the beach. I think I know where they are, but Ash said to search for a brown Labrador. The boy, Jax, had their dog with him, she said.

It's not long before I see them sit together, the Labrador is laying on the girl's lap, I think that's Alex. She has brown hair and she is wearing shorts and a sports bra. Behind her lays my Pride jersey. On her shorts is number 24. 

The boy next to her has brown eyes and long brown hair. He is wearing some jeans and a To Write Love on Her Arms shirt. My girlfriend is in between the girl and the boy. 

"Hi babe. Hi Logan. Long time no see." 

"Hey. How are you all?"'

"I'm okay now", the girl replies. The boys says he is good. 

"So, these people are my new made friends. This is Baby Kriegs. Baby Kriegs, this is my girlfriend Ali." I blush, I will never get enough of Ashlyn calling me her girlfriend. 

"Sorry for Ashlyn, Ali, my normal name is Alex, but Ash calls me Baby Kriegs because she says we are a lot alike." 

"Oh, ok. Ash loves nicknames", I answer with a smile on my face. 

"'I'm Jax. I'm Alex' or Baby Kriegs', what you want to call her, brother." 

"Ok, nice to meet you all. Who is this cute dog on your lap Alex?"

"This is our dog, Vancouver. She is around the age of three. Logan is a little bit smaller I think,", she says, referring to the young pup. She laughs. 

"Does she have the name Vancouver, why I think she has it?" 

"I don't know what your thinking Ali", say Jax and Alex at exactly the same time. I laugh. 

"2015? World Cup? Canada?" 

"Yep, sure. The good way of thinking", replies Ash. She is petting Logan, she loves Ash a little more than me.

"I brought some shorts and shirts for you, babe." 

Ash gives me a kiss on my lips as nothing happened. That's her way of saying 'thank you.' 

"Alex, do you want some new shorts or a new t-shirt." 

"Yeah. These are wet from the water." 

"Which one do you want? I have only black soccer shorts, but I have To Write Love on Her Arms or a Nike one. Baby, that's yours." 

"I know Ash, I couldn't  find another one." 

"Alex decides for a TWLOHA shirt because it was Ashlyn's. I learned that Alex is a huge fan of the Orlando Pride and the USWNT, but she has never watched a game in the stadium because she hasn't got enough money.

 Maybe we can do something about that.