27

Alex' POV

Jax and I are sitting in our room. We have dinner with the team in half an hour. Meanwhile we are going to make a list of all the songs we want to do tonight. We have only two guitars and our voices, nothing more. Also we have to make a announcement for our followers, because we our going live on our Instagram tonight. We aren't going to picture to girls in it, just the two of us. So Jax and I. 

"What kind of songs should we play?" I ask my brother, who is playing a bit with his guitar.

It's a Gibson, it's our dad's old one, I play my mom's, that's Gibson too. 

I play my mom's Gibson SJ-200 2018 Vintage Sunburst, I love the sound it makes and I love it even more because I know my mom has played it and loved every second of it. 

Jax plays one of my dad's old guitars. Mom told us a story; he was a musician and loved to collect guitars. One of his favorites was his Gibson J-45 of 1943, a old one. It's one with a beautiful sound and it mixes really well with the one I play. 

Because we have two guitars, our voices and nothing more, we can't play all the songs we would normally do.

"Maybe we can play a little bit country and rock, and end with a little USWNT mix or something." He offers. 

"Yeah. So, maybe a little Alter Bridge and Kensington and end with the song they did with the whole team a few years ago. We covered it too." I forgot the name of the song.

"Party in the USA, you mean?" He asks, I nod. "Yep, I think I know how to play that, I hope." 

"I would love to do 'The World can Wait' by Waylon, 'Blackbird' by Alter Bridge, 'Leave a Light on' by Tom Walker, 'Starlight' by Slash and Myles and 'St. Patrick' by PVRIS." I say to him. 

"Seems legit. I know all the chords and lyrics. And Blackbird with The Beatles' intro?"  I nod.

"Then, 'Party in the USA' by Miley Cyrus. Uhm... I would love to play 'In Loving Memory' by Alter Bridge and 'Streets' by Kensington." 

I look at him, surprised. "You wanna play In Loving Memory? Really?" 

It's one of the songs we never recorded for Youtube, but played a thousand times. The song is written by the guitarist from Alter Bridge and it's about the death of his mother. When we play it, it's almost every time very emotional, but sometimes we feel the need to play it. 

"I want to play it. Will you do it too? I can play alone, if you won't play it." He says to me, in a friendly tone. He walks to the bed, where I'm sitting, and lays his guitar on the floor and comes to sit with me. 

"I think I want to play it. Together?"

"Together." 

Ashlyn's POV

We are waiting in our room with the whole team. Well, in my and Ali's room. Some people are on the beds. Some girls are sitting on the floor. Others are talking while standing in a circle. 

I'm sitting on my bed, well. The bed where we sleep, Ali and I. I'm playing some games on my phone, while Kelley, Tobin, Alex (Baby Horse), Christen and my girlfriend are chatting behind me. We are waiting for my kids to play some songs. Kelley tried to persuade Jax and he gave in, Alex decided to join in too. 

Megan has her guitar with her too. Maybe she will play or sing a few songs too. She did it a few years ago, with Pia, our coach at the time.  I don't know what she wants now, maybe she joins in too. But we are just hanging out, chilling, no pressure. Maybe even some other girls will play or sing. We do what we want. Even Jill is in this room. A little team bonding with music. Nothing like we ever did. 

We did go to some concerts, but we never went with this team, with all of these people, to a concert. Ali, Megan, Syd and I did go a few months ago, after Pride played Reign we decided to go to a concert. We had free tickets and VIP things, it was nice, but we never went with all the people of the team. 

While I'm playing some kind of race game, I hear knocking on the door. Sofia opens the door, Alex and Jax are standing by the door with nervous smiles and a guitar on their hands. Let the evening begin.