23

Ash's POV

After we came back from some exploring (and eating food), we did get our soccer gear and head to the training pitch. We came all in a big bus, because we didn't have little vans or something to ride in. They come tomorrow, as far as I know. 

I have to be a little earlier on the pitch, because I'm a goalkeeper. The rest of the group can chill for a little bit. Jax and Alex come with me. Watching, maybe they can play later with us, it's all chill now. We have a week before our first match against The Netherlands, European Champions. 

We are in a poul with The Netherlands, duh, China and Chile. At first sight I wouldn't day it's a killer groups, as in 2015, but we have to be alert. Even if we play a few lower rated teams. 

Our first match is in a week, it's now June 1st, our first match is on June 8th. After that we have a recovery day and a travel day, after that w few days to prepare for our next match. The second match is against Chile, on June 13rd in Paris. After that a recovery and a travel day, and one day to prepare. Next day the match. On the 17th of June we have our third and last match in La Harve against China.   After that we don't know what is going to happen, but we can only hope for the best; Winning. 

I'm on the training field at the moment. I see that the girls are coming. "Keepers, can you please come here please." "Sure", we shout back to Jill. 

"Okay girls, today we are going to do a bit of fun training with connection and passing. So, we begin with a juggling competition and after that some games to do better passing. First, warming up. Run three times around the field, please." I hear some groaning, from me too. I hate running, I'm a goalkeeper for nothing. 

"Jax, Alex, you can run with them if you want." 

"Yes coach." They say at the same time. 

"You can call me Jill if you want, I feel old." There is some laughing. 

"You are old." I hear Kelley say, maybe not the best move Kells. Smooth. 

"Nice, Kelley O'Hara, you can run 4 times around the field, after that 30 push-ups." More laughing. It's gonna be a good training. Nice. 

After we run our laps, and Squirrel did her push-ups, we started a juggle competition. Everyone who knows me, knows I'm not very good at that, well I'm fucked. (Included a pun ;) )

"Jill, can we participate or not, what you want?" I hear my kids ask to my coach. 

"If you want, you can join." 

"Thank you." 

They are lucky that a closed training session. Now they can join, otherwise they couldn't because of all the people and the media. Ali and I agreed of holding our motherhood kind of hidden until after the World Cup. The team needs the attention , not me and my partner, only because we have two kids. 

Back to training. 

"Let's start with the number on your back. The lowest begins and the highest ends. By doing it this way we don't have disagreements or something. Everybody agrees with me?" Says Dawn, our fitness coach. The girls agree. Nice. Let's begin. 

"Jax, Alex, with number are you normally on the field." Asks Carli. 

"10", answers my son. My daughter answers she has #24. A few girls ask why they have those numbers. Jax answers that we wears #10 because we has always adored Carli, eventhough he is a goalkeeper. He gets a hug from the woman herself. Cute. "I am wearing the number 24, because our mom died on June 24 2018. And because Ash wears 24 and she is my favorite player and person, sorry mom." She has a sad laugh, and we do a group hug to make her happy again. 

"Okay, let's start our competition."

*Dramatic , film music*