Chapter 12

Hi guys! I know it's been a while, but I've written a nice, long one for you :) So hope I make it up to you! And THANKS to all of you who keep commenting and voting, it's truly amazing! It's you who make the story go on! So keep on reading it, and I hope you like this one!

With love,

SharpThorn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

He was big, really big almost as big as my wolf. With a strange color mixed with both brown and grey. He had red eyes, which only meant one thing; he fed on humans. Very few werewolves did that; it was considered one of the Great Sins, rules who every werewolf in the wolf were bound to. If these broken, it meant nothing less than death by were-law. When it came to eating humans; it was said that it gave strength as well as size but in return you lost all goodness in you and your soul. A prize very few were ready to pay, not to mention the very fact that you actually would end a human’s life, since most of us could relate to humans in some ways it felt horrible. Those werewolves who did though, they were called Damned Ones, since that’s just what they were, and they were not treated than anything else but as the threats and low lives they were.

I did not even flinch as he charged against me and Wool, I reminded Wool to stand his ground and released my deadly arrow which penetrated the Damned one’s scull; hitting him right between the eyes. I lowered my bow as I knew he was dead, I could smell the increase of the rotten stench already. Wool was shaking a bit underneath me, but then gave bark as he laughed inside, he was happy. I slide down his side, grabbing his fur on the side to keep myself standing. I looked the wolf over and sniffed it again, I could tell he was male, duh, and about 30 years of age. I would guess he had been a Damned One for a few years or so, judging from the depths of red in his staring, dead eyes and the strong stench of rotten, which kind of was their trademark even when alive…

“Oh my god!! We killed him!! We did it!!” Wool started to jump around, howling and cheering in his mind. As he did so, I fell heavily onto the ground next to the dead beast. He really did smell horrible… It was strange though, as I looked closer I saw a mark on his neck, hardly noticeable if you didn’t look close. A mating-mark? He was mated? I didn’t think Damned Ones had mates…unless…no it could be…they couldn’t…they were breeding?

‘THEY ARE BREEDING?!’ Obviously Wool had heard my open thoughts and he stood as still as a statue, apart from his look of utter shock and fear. I almost thought he would faint, so I tried to calm him down, saying that it might not be that way, but I just wanted to check the mark out further.

“Wool, can you-” before I could finish my sentence the sound of a large number of running wolves hit us. I immediately recognized them as our pack members, hearing their individual sounds of running and breathing. Soon I could also smell them; Donovan and at least 20 others, the front men (called ‘fronters’ being his best fighters beside the Alphas and the beta), strong males from the village as well as Bowser, Daisy and even Amanda. My wolf started purring as I felt the growing presence of my mate, I longed for his arms, oh those muscular arms…  I was quickly woken up from my daze and got irritated with my over-horny wolf.

Before I could react; Donovan, in his mighty wolf form, shot out from the trees and his eyes were burning with fury and something I hadn’t seen before… He looked over the situation, the shaking still-in-shock Wool, the dead stinky beast and then me; still on the ground might I add… He stared at me, not showing me any of his thoughts. Everyone was still in their wolf-forms, except for me. I managed to push myself up into sitting position and looked at them all.