Chapter 16

“YOU DID WHAT?!” Donovan yelled with his eyes furiously staring right into mine, he leaned forward and walk slowly towards me. But I would not bulge, not only had I gotten more status along with my belly growing bigger, I also used this extra power in this particular case, which I knew would freak Donovan out. I lifted me chin a bit and stared right back at him.

“We need them, and you know it. My father is one of the best Alphas when it comes to strategic battle and you know it.”

“But why the hell does HE have to come!? Tell him to stay the fuck home and away from my woman!!” I scuffed sarcastically and pointed with both hands at my swollen belly.

“Is not this insurance enough for my big baby for a man?! Do you see me running around fucking other men while being five month pregnant? You stupid ass, If I wasn’t carrying YOUR child around making me slow and sensitive; I would beat your caveman’s butt right now!” With my index finger I poked angrily at his chest while continuing my rampage.

“And for your information, I call for Brett whenever I want! He is my friend and a damn good tracker, if you have a problem with that you can go take a vacation while me and the rest of the guys sort this out!” Donovan looked confused and suddenly his eyes were moving down towards my enlarged bust.

“Even though you are deeply disobeying me, my love, I must say you are even more mouthwatering when angry and dominant as you are now…” I quickly raised my hand to slap him, but he grabbed my wrist and crashed his lips onto mine. I wanted to put him in his right place but…my body was suddenly aching. I was a walking sex machine and he knew it…and boy did he use it… I was instantly moist and ready for him when he broke the kiss to take his pants off. I grabbed my chance and stepped away from him.
“Brett is coming here, whatever problems you have with that – deal with it.”

“He is not to come near what’s mine” Donovan growled “and you, Domina, are mine.”

We stood silent for a minute, staring and neither of us willing to give in. Then my mouth showed off a hint of a smile, and without a word I walked up to him again and kissed him hungrily. He was stunned for a second of two, but then took it as reconciliation and responded with eager. With a teasing hand I cupped his inhumanly large erection which threatened to shred the stretched fabric of the pants. He groaned and fumbled with my bra, he never got these maternity bras, to my great amusement.

“For such a big boy…you’re really immature. Shall we say, my love, that I shall treat you like my property too?” His eyes looked at me in confusion as I backed away from him and to our bedroom door.

“Until you can find it in you to grow up and become a real man for me…I will sleep in Amanda’s room. And don’t worry about my libido; I can manage on my own.” And with a wink I was out the door and headed straight for the shower to do just that, take the matters in my own hands.

An hour later I had showered and let off some steam, my body felt a bit more at ease, even though it still wanted Donovan. I went down to the kitchen for something salty to eat and found Wool, Lilly and a bunch of the pack’s other teenager kids. It felt like a noisy classroom and I couldn’t hear a word they said, but something about the arrival of other pack’s I guessed. I opened one of the large cabinets and hit jackpot; olives, fine Italian salami and some pickle (weird combination, I know – but try being pregnant…).

“Stoooop, don’t say that! Luna! LUNA! Please tell these nuts that there will be girls too!”

I turned with a half-eaten pickle in my mouth. It was Wool that was talking, or yelling to be exact. Not at me, but to make himself heard at all in the commotion. One of the girls said in a teasing voice;

“Aw, is Wool jealous because of all the hot, hot, HOT warriors that will come and take all the females away?” She giggled along with the others. Wool snorted and said;

“They are more than welcome to take you away; I’ve actually begged them to do so for years now!” The girl went silent and gave Wool a poisonous glare. He chuckled and turned to me again, still chewing on my pickle.

“Luna, is it tomorrow they are expected to arrive?” I nodded.

“That’s right, and listen kids, I know very well how exiting this must be for you and I don’t want to rob you of that. But I want to remind you that they are not here to enjoy themselves, but to join us in our hunt for the Damned Ones. I want you to keep that in mind, is that clear?” The room was silent now, not even a giggle could be heard. Some of the girls looked down and they all nodded their heads.

“Good,” I said “and when it comes to the warriors; I happen to know for a fact that quite a few of them are females…” I winked at the now blushing Wool and exited the kitchen. I continued my way outside and to the furthest point on the large green lawn where it met the forest. I gently sat down with my jars of salty foods and opened the one containing fine black Greek olives, with my fingers I scooped them up one by one and sighed in contempt. It was a cloudy day, and it was supposed to rain tomorrow, when half of the total of the awaited warriors was to arrive. Poor Amanda would have hell with cleaning the muddy floors after all those men! There were a large number of guest cabins around the village, I had been told, so none of the other packs would have to sleep in the pack house. Though I would like for my father and Brett to stay with us in the house, but I felt like I should bring this up with all of the others that also lived there, since I was far from alone. A tingling joy rose in my stomach when I thought of meeting my father and Brett again after almost 6 months! I was a bit torn when it came to my anger towards my father, sure I had been heartbroken and furious of him just sending me away like that…but I also somehow knew that it was the best and it was most often how it was done when it came to alpha families. It had been well known that I would be a difficult female to manage, since it was still pretty old school when it came to werewolves and mating, the men were to be in charge. I didn’t mind sharing the load of responsibilities that came with power and status with Donovan, but I would not be one of those women who stayed at home while the men had all the fun… Suddenly without thinking I looked down at my belly and stroke it gently with my free hand.

“Oh, baby…” I whispered, “Will I go crazy of being home with you and not get to live life as I know it?” Sudden feelings of sadness reached my eyes and my vision blurred. Damn hormones…they wouldn’t stop. The sobs came in low hulks and the tears were streaming freely now.

“How will I do this?” I sobbed, “I don’t know how to do this!” This was so much in so little time, and it felt forced onto me; mating, moving, switching pack and having a baby… What had begun to feel so right, in this very moment, felt hugely blurry and frightening. Like I was shoved into a thick mist with no Idea where I was or where I was heading. So much had happened, I had lost count of my near-death-experiences and I had no idea if really love growing between Donovan and me or merely duty and acceptance of the situation. She sex was out of this world…but had he not shared that with many women before me? So what was I, just the end of the line? My heart felt like it were to explode, it hurt so badly of all these sudden thoughts that were stabbing me and all I knew.

I don’t know how long I lay there next to that tree and cried my eyes out, but it felt like hours. The air had started to get chilly and the forest life was calming down. I wish I could shift and run, it always helped me greatly when feeling down. I needed it more than ever now, and even though exhausted from all the crying (which still hadn’t stopped…) I felt like I could run miles and miles. Still hulking and tears falling freely from my sore eyes, I stood up and started walking into the woods. Walking soon became running, and I was surprised to find that I was amazingly fast even though in human form and pregnant. The faster I ran, the faster did the stabbing sadness ceased, my muscles burned and it felt so good! Faster, faster!

Swoosh! The wind against my face stopped and suddenly my back was gently pressed against the ground. My mind was blank for a moment, a scent hit me that did not belong and someone was holding me down. Anger and panic rose within seconds and out of reflex I tried to shift, but without results. I growled loudly and tried to see though my still tear filled eyes.

“You’re…pregnant…?” the intruder said in a strained voice. My heart stopped, or so it felt. I couldn’t breathe and tears started falling like a waterfall again. I tried to speak but could not for the life of me say one word, though my mouth was opened. I reached my right hand up and felt messy, familiar soft hair. And before the sobs got worse I whispered;

“Brett…”