Chapter 6

“W-what? Where?”

“Home, to my pack in Alaska.”

“Well, how do we even get there? We can’t in just a few hours; we have to buy tickets-”

“I own a private jet, we are leaving in an hour. Pack what you need and then we go.”

I could not believe this, was I supposed to leave all I ever knew and only with an hour of saying my goodbyes? What was I, a dog (and yes, I can see the irony)?!

But before I could even start to object Donovan was out the door, and the second later I heard the front door open and close. There I stood, naked, not knowing what the hell to do with myself…

                                                             ---------------------------

Fifty minutes later…

“My lovely daughter, I know it feels overwhelming. But know that you are a proud Luna who helped bring peace to our land. I know you will find your place in your new pack.” My father spoke with a clear voice, but in his eyes I could see a glimpse of sadness which gave his true feelings away.

“I love you, father!” I spoke as I hugged him hard, refusing to show anyone the tears which burned behind my eyelids.

Every pack member had come to see me off, and it really made my tearing heart hurt even more. But I knew that I could not, would not, fail them. Why did it have to be this hard, though…

My mother had cried so hard she had to be escorted home to bed. She never was one for goodbyes… I looked back at Donovan and his men, knowing it was time. I thanked everybody and started my seemingly long walk to their big, black jeeps. I could smell Brett somewhere, but he kept out of sight. This hurt me a little; I would have wanted to see him off, too…

We slowly rolled away from the little village in the middle of the forest, my home, towards my new life. Suddenly I could see something outside my window, a light shadow running in the same speed as the car next to the dirt road we drove on. It was Brett’s wolf; he looked desperate looking into my eyes, as if begging me to stop. As I felt the tears starting to blurry my vision I looked away, it took all of the little strength I had left in my broken heart, but I knew he had to forget me…move on. Before I knew it we were driving out on the main road towards the airport, and I could hear Brett’s sad howling behind me. Shattering my already shattered heart.

“Domina, wake up, we are here.”

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling the stiffness in the neck from sleeping sitting up. I was in another car, and surrounding us were the tallest trees I’d ever seen. They almost formed a huge wall, which I could see no end. We stood parked at a medium-sized parking lot next to an enormous timber house which melted in well to its surroundings.  There were a couple of cars parked outside, all of them big, black jeeps. Well, we are in the woods, normal cars wouldn’t cut it.