Chap 18.2 : Okay, Let's Get To Work!

'You know, I have once heard an exciting story, about a girl who was in love with her childhood friend for long than she could remember...' started Sunny as she slides my long crimson hair into her palms and starts trimming its edges.

The cold wind softly brushed my cheeks and made the decorative bells emit a tingling sound as I let out a deep sigh that rhythmed to the calm breeze that surrounds me.

'If you are trying to distract me from not knowing how nervous you are about giving me a proper haircut, its not working' I stated calmly.

'Whaaaat?? Of course notttt!! Why should I be nervous?! Mel, I am just..' I felt Sunny's hands tremble through my silky locks. '..making you ready for the Winter Prom, which is gonna be held tonight. And, your hair has some major repairing to do if you wanna be the next Prom princess in order to fulfill the wish of your lovely Aunt..'

'Whatever! I don't even care about that..' I scowled. Besides, it's an utter vain to hope on something that's completely impossible. I am all looks only remember...' I said sarcastically when Sunny suddenly caught me by my cheeks with her sweaty little palms.

'Stop mumbling..Glum Mum-um, Melody..You know, You're more than that..' she smiled and glided her fingers through my hair again.

The mirror reflected my grinning face and I felt my cheeks burn.

Yeah..She's right..

I am more than that..Aren't I?...

I am not the same old emotionless doll, I had transformed myself as, anymore. And, I guess, that was the reason why I had asked Sunny to shorten my long straight hair into a little choppy bob, in the first place.

I stared at the mirror at my new reforming face and rolled my front bangs. My contact lenses glimmered near the stone pedestal washbasin.

I want to become the old me who had once lived, before my amnesia, before my mom's death and become the person I was when I first fell in love with Jason before confessing my feelings for him after the Prom.

I clenched my fists and bit my lips.

I must be ready for everything!

But..

Even then..

There is one thing that's missing.

I abruptly looked at my contact lenses and stared at it for a while. But, Nah..I mentally shook my head.

They aren't worth it.

It is true that, i want to become the old me. But that doesn't mean that i should become a nerd do they? I am aiming for the popularest boy after all. It just wouldn't do!

'Anyway..as I was saying..' Sunny continued '..The girl loved her prince so much that I hurts her day and night when she figured out that the guy she likes was only interested in flashy girls on the Tvs and magazines with poofy skirts and sparkly microphones..'

'Gee, I wonder why this romance seems seems so unrealistic'. I commented sarcastically. 'And, I believe that there is no guy who would ever be narrow minded like this one!'.

'Shhhsh don't interrupt me..Its just an imaginary fiction..Mel..Just listen to me.. '

I rolled my eyes and take a sip on the cold chocolate Crystal had bought us before leaving for running errands.

There is no stopping to Sunny and her romantic novels.. Do they?

'And so, when the girl encounters a magical hair pin which transforms her into a popular idol, a kind of girl the boy always dreams of dating .... Poof! Her prince falls in love with now and ta da ..it's a happy ending!'