Chap-15: Appointment with Dr Rhythm

(And here is the long awaited chapter. 😁 😁

Hi friends.. Sorry for publishing this chapter a little late... Forget it, way too much late..i did end the last chapter with a horrible cliffhanger right...this is to make up for it

I hope you like it)

**Jason's Pov**

'Who am I? ' she shuddered so softly that it was almost inaudible because of the thick crowds of people who were still near the fair.

Many people were still around us having a lot of fun probably having no idea of what just happened.

I looked at her completely shocked and my hands literally trembled.

Because for that one second, she was the splitting image the young Melody I had lost before five years. The same Mel who had lost her memories when returned from Australia to confess my feelings sneaking into the castle to meet her. The same Mel, the doctors struggled hard to cure her amnesia. And, the same Mel, the officials forbid me to seeing her that time.

I had always felt guilty because of that. I mean, I had always thought that, If I was beside her during that time, I could have never allowed anything dangerous to happen to Melody..

To my Mel..

But, now she was right here with me..

Yet, I failed to be there for her..

And, It was all because of me. I was the who behaved completely irresponsible this night.

I was the one who got too busy with Lyra that I couldn't protect the one I truly love!

How could I lose her when she was with me all day long!

Remorse overtook me and I couldn't move my body. I stood frozen.

She looked at me with those empty blue eyes, something that seemed so admiring before we got here and her gaze suddenly flickered from me to the place around her.

'W-where.. where am I..? '

'At the Youkai Festival Fair..'

' A Fair..? 'She looked up and spotted some big cylindrical lights of red, white and green. They were glowed in the dark hanging from the colorful lights that were tied about them.

'But.., how did I..? '

'I-Its a long story, But, It's alright..Melody, You can calm down. You are safe with me.. ' I said it as soft as I could. Her eyes relaxed ever so slowly.

'B-But.. Who are you..?'

Man, that question really does hurt me.

'I-I am..' I let out a deep breath.

'Just, consider me as a faithful overprotective friend of yours for now. Come on. Let's get you out of here' I gently stretched my palm at her. She hesitated it and looked too scared to trust me.

"Beep.. Attention to the day- trippers. The fair closes down in few minutes. Attention.." Boomed a loudspeaker that hung near us.

'Well, you heard that? The fair won't be open forever, you know..' I said to her slowly and walked a little forward before turning back and checking her out. She quietly followed me.

I bit my lips. My mind was flooding with these overwhelming feelings.

Is this it..? Is this the end..?

I remember the last time Mel lost her memories.
Her father and the other officials was so concerned for her safety and made her get homeschooling from professional teachers. And, her innocence to all the pathetic things happening around Lambia is probably due to this reason.