Chap-6: Melody Breaks Through

(This part kinda involves minor violence, transformation, fantasies and fighting sceans, So.. keep your minds open)

'Y.. You.. You.. Stole it!!??' I stammered almost yelling. 'But from who? '

'From you know,"Lyra Thompson", the quirky cheerleader' she said without showing any emotion in her glum face as she applies some of the makeup foundation on her infected arms, completely ignoring my desperate concerns.

'Bu.. But, I cleared my throat. 'That's wrong Yuri, you must return it back to her' I say firmly holding her wrist.

And, she snapped her hand free from my grips a little violently.. Ok.. Very.. violently.

'Why should I? Ungrateful girls like her doesn't really deserve blessings like that anyway. Do they, Melody?' barked Yuri losing her usual calm.

I had no saying for that. So,I shut my mouth and stared at her.

'You know, that our ancestors always say that, God does not defile a person on what is revealed outside of him. It is said that the things that erupts deep inside from a person's heart is what really defiles him.. Right.. .

I don't really care if Lyra wears a deceptive cover like a plastic to hide her true nature from the people around her, which does not work anymore, by the way. But, what really bothers me is why does she try to show off with this character, in order to prick me where it hurts the most. She was the one who fooled me with her sweet honey like words to make me elect her as the "Spring formal queen" last year. During that time she had also promised me that she would give her help in almost every little factor of my life if I had voted for her.

But, now she even refuses to share her little makeup kit, probably because she does not require my vote anymore. She took advantage of my desperate situation !'

I moved closer to her and put my arm on her shoulder.

'And, yet..' she muttered softly. 'This is so typical for poor girls like me. Mesmerized by the charms of the rich and blinded by false hope. Why must people of this world be so cruel?'

The big door slammed close probably because of the violent wind that blew just now. It's strong vibration caused the things around us to shake. It must probably be because of the negative energy stirring up from Yuri...The.. Yokais.. Must be on the move..

And that's when her unzibbed bag that had been laid beside the wall lost it's balance due to the sudden floor shake. The bag dropped down and clustered all of Yuri's class works and within them scattered the book of Molads "The Golden Hymns". I looked at it and picked up the books, dusting it's dust and inserted them into Yuri's bag. And when I was about to insert the book on the Molads. I stopped abruptly noticing Yuri's face.

I.. For some strange reason trembled when I looked at her. I felt a chill on my arms.

Yuri's face turned into a scorn. Her face turned almost purple in anger. '

And speaking of The Creator..she continued.

But, at the same time her hazelnut eyes clouded tears.

What is feeling? Is she angry or is she dissapointed!? And, what should I do now? I do not know. I feel completely hopeless in this situation.

'Is he really deaf? I mean, Can't He hear my desperate cries to be comforted? I was his beloved believer, aren't I? Then, why must the good people always suffer while mean girls like Lyra get everything they desire? Tell me, Mel' she said holding my hands tightly.

'Tell me, why must He be like a stone. Does he not truly love his creation unconditionally? ' She asked.

'U-Ugh... U-Ugh...' I stammered for the right words but found none.