Chapter 1: At Long Last

(20 years later, present time)

I was staring at the picture after finishing writing my letter. I lead against my chair and closing my eyes for moment. It's had been so long since I seen them, sitting there, laughing with them. The photo snapped was the last happy moment I had with them; then everything fall apart.

On the next day, my mother was killed, in front of my eyes. The demon king himself personal came to kill her, ripping her heart out and giving it to his hound. There was nothing I could do, I was chained and was forced to watch her die, screaming and shedding tears. To make matter worse, he told me that Sparda family were all gone. I was completely broken.

It was my special day and yet I got nothing but sadness and misery. They took me from my world, bring me to hell, they tortured me, abuse me and........ I didn't want to think about it. It always sends chill down my spine, brought back the nightmare I spend as their prisoner in Hell. I was no longer scared of them, after my escape from Hell; recovering from my wound, I went undercover, killing them one by one, until I learned that Dante and Vergil were still alive.

Dante took an alias name as Tony Redgrave, training secretly until he was finally ready to fight back. Soon he returned to original name and started a demon hunting business. He has a shop in New York known as "Devil May Cry", but I know he doesn't work alone. There are three female hunters with him and a boy hunter in city call Fortuna. They sometime work together to defeat demon other than that they mostly come to give him bills for the damage he does during his mission. This much I know about Dante but what about Vergil? What happened to him? Where is he? I only know that he alive but where is he hiding? Why is hiding? That's the million dollar question.

 I wanted to see them so badly but I couldn't. In the beginning I was weak and not strong enough to defend myself. If the demon were to find me alive, they would have used me as their weak point. However thanks to Cedric, my guardian and trainer, I'm now strong enough to fight back but recently I discovered the reason behind my mother death and my imprisonment in Hell. I had power that could tip the favor of war to them. They wanted me alive but that didn't mean they can't toy with me.

I conceal my existence from them until now. During my time in hiding, I rebuild my mother secret army. This army once helped Sparda in defeating the demon and sealing them off. They remain royal to him until my mother demise. It took some time to establish it to its former glory however it doesn't matter now, thanks to this army; I was able to destroy almost every Hell Gate on earth. Now there is one more gate to destroy. If this gate is destroyed, no more gate will made and entrance to the human and demon world will be close forever. Here the problem start, somehow the demon learned that I'm still alive and the one responsible destroying their gate.

The discovery of my existence was made last week, yet they haven't able to get me due to army. I fight with them in battle and due to some carelessness; they used their bodies as shield to keep me safe. They are dying to protect me and I can't stand it anymore. I own them my thanks but that now enough; for them to peace and their efforts not wasted, I must win this war but I can't do it alone. It was time to call him.

I sealed the letter in the envelope, writing my signature, so that he would recognize it. There was a knock on the study door. "Come in" I said.

"Pardon for interrupting, my lady, you call for me" Voice said.

"It's alright Cedric, please come in" I said waving him in.

Cedric closed the door behind him and walk to my desk. "Cedric I want to go to Devil May Cry shop in New York and give this letter personally to Dante." I said handing him the letter.

"So you finally decided? He said smiling.

"Yes it's time, time to reveal my existence to him, life are at stake. He is the only one who can help us." I said softly.

"Yes, indeed he can" He said, putting the letter in his coat.

"Have the other hunter got their letter?" I inquired.

"Yes, I made sure that they are present with him when I give him the letter." He said turning around to leave.

"Do you think..... He will.....hum.....recognize the letter? I whispered.

"You are afraid that he will think that the letter is a fake and that you?" he said, his back facing me. Before I could say anything he continued "It's alright to be scared, I know how hard this have been for you, being unable to see him or tell him that you are alive, but trust me, he will understand everything when you tell him what happened." He turned slightly around so I could see his smile."Besides, if doesn't believe, I will personal give him evidence myself." With that he walked out, leaving me alone. I stood up and walk toward the window. I opened it, letting the cool breeze in, I stared into the darkened cloud above, it's was going to rain. I wondered, was he the same Dante I knew or had he changed, I smiled to myself "Well Dante, guess I will find out when we meet, until then......I will be waiting." I said, a single tear escaping my eyes. I can finally see you!