Jack and Rose

Melrose POV

I laid there. My body limp. Hanging off the bed. I had the Coke bottle propped on my stomach and my hand was resting in the bowl of popcorn. I looked up at Harry and shrugged. "Why not.."

I expected him to sit on the floor, but he hopped right on to the bed with me. His weight caused me to pop up into the air and land back down on the bed. Unfortunately, he hadn't planned on where I would land. So, naturally, because I am a walking embarrassment, I landed right on top of him. 

I didn't care anymore. I felt horrible right now and I was too lazy to move. I just dropped my hands by his sides and turned my head so I could see the TV. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me in tighter. It was like we were back on the flight again. 

It was to the part in the movie where Jack and Rose finally give in to their feelings and just go for thier love. Ha! Lies! Love isn't real. It's a shit ton of stupid. And what's with the whole holding your arms out like wings pretending to sail across the ocean. Stupid. Stupid Jack. Your a stupid boy. You die anyways  and leave Rose to live life on her own without you. Little shithead.

We sat in complete silence until Harry broke it with a cough. "Melrose.." He spoke my name with uncertainty. Boy did he sound adorable when he said my name. His voice was like smooth honey running down the back of your throat. It had the ability to calm you even if you were in the worst of situations. 

Well, I guess I confirmed it to myself. I'm dead. Falling in love with another popstar. This is a real good idea, Melrose. Let him take your heart and rip it to pieces. Let him lie to you and say that he'll treat you well, but really he'll just go and shag everyone else, but you.

"We're friends right?" His question took me aback a bit. I mean yes, we didn't really get along at first, but that was mostly my fault. I think I've warmed up to him a bit. A bit? Who am I kidding. I've warmed up to him a lot. So much in fact that I think about kissing him every time he comes near me. Stupid feelings.

I lifted up off of him and sat up straight. I turned around and crossed my legs indian style to face him. "Of course, why?" I saw his eyes shoot down to his hands. He was fidgiting with his thumbs, a habit that I had noticed that he does when he gets nervous.

"Nothing. I was just making sure. That we were friends." He stressed the word friends and I finally got what he was trying to get across to me. Harry didn't want to be anything with me. Maybe I wasn't as good at hiding my feelings as I thought I was. Wait, no. I haven't even done anything to making him even think I would like him. I mean, he was the one that touched my hand. He was the one that came real close to my face when we talked. 

I couldn't help, but be sad about it. I mean, here I was catching feelings for this boy, and he is sitting here friend zoning me. I shouldn't be mad. I'm here to work. Not have my emotions meddled with. 

"Yup. We are." I turned back around and fixed my gaze on the T.V. I hadn't returned to my original spot. Wouldn't want Harry thinking I'm trying to get freaky would we? I felt his eyes on me. Even though my eyes were on the screen, I could see Harry intently staring at me. He didn't even try to be suttle about it. He literally had his body turned in my direction. Watching me. 

It got to the part where Rose lets go of Jack. I was tearing up. How could she just not let him up on that door. I mean it was big enough! I heard sniffling and looked over to see Harry shedding a few tears. "Oh man, i gotta go get my camera. This moment is priceless." I jumped up to get it and I felt him grab my hand. He yanked me back on the bed and I, again, landed on top of him.

"That won't be necessary." He pulled me into a hug and we just sat there. I felt myself drifting off to sleep. After all, I had a warm sweater on, and it helped that I was wrapped up in Harry's arm.