Home Is Where My Broken Heart Is

Melrose POV

I quickly rushed to Lou who had just come in from shopping. She had drug Tom along and left Lux here for me to watch. I didn't mind. She was a lovely kid. It made me miss Apple and Moses a whole lot. 

"Lux! My baby! Did you behave for Melrose?" Lou ran over to Lux and picked her up. "Thanks for watching her by the way, I know she would have gotten antsy in the shopping center." Lou hugged me and I smiled. I'm always glad to spend time with Lux. Plus, it kind of took my mind off the shock that Josh gave me earlier.

Surely Harry wouldn't have asked me to be his girlfriend if he already had one. I mean, I could see him doing something like that, but he sure convinced me otherwise this morning. 

I needed to think of a plan. I wasn't about to let him get away with this. I have so much feelings for this boy and he's just going to let me go. Like that. After all this bullshit we've went through the past 24 hours. It was crazy.

All these alternatives started popping into my mind. Maybe he forgot to break up with her before he started having feelings for me? Maybe he just let it slip his mind? No! No, Melrose. This is ridiculous. He knows what he's up too. And he'll pay for it.

..................

It was almost showtime and Harrys other half hadn't shown up yet. 

Dad had sent me a few of my formal dresses I had left at home to me and I was wearing one of them. It was a little beige dress. It rested at my thighs and it was lacy. It had a bow in the back that I got Niall to tie, but he did a shit job so I got Zayn to do it. Surprisingly, he does really good with this type of stuff. I wore cream colored heels. I was in the mood for kicking and Harrys balls were my target.

My plan was to act like Josh hadn't told me anything. I was going to act suprised to see Caroline there and I was going to act hurt. Well, that part I wouldn't be acting. I am hurt. I told myself not to fall for him for this very reason. Because apparently, love doesn't come easy for me. I have to be cheated on or broken up with by every boy in the United Kingdom.

We were all sitting in their dressing room when old bags Cazza came in. She looked brilliant. Her hair was a dirty blonde and she had smooth looking legs. She didn't have my curves, but damn her legs were fantastic.

I quickly pulled out my phone trying to look distracted. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Zayn and Louis watching me. I looked up at them and gave them a confused look. I turned to see Caroline sitting directly in Harrys lap. She was canoodling his neck and I thought I was going to be sick.

He didn't even make an effort to push her off. It was almost like I was his secret girlfriend and she was his public. No, it WAS like that.

Ok. Operation "Melrose: Kick That Boy In The Fucking Nutsack" go time. I made up that name on the spot. Quite lovely, I think. 

I slowly stood up. As I was doing so, Caroline hopped off of Harrys lap and proceeded to sit next to him on the couch. I got a quick glimpse of his face before I left the room. He looked scared almost like he knew I would beat the living lights out of him. 

But no, it wasn't part of the plan. Stick too it. 

"Where are you off too Harry?" I heard her laugh that dirty laugh of hers, but she quickly gave up on him and turned to talk to the others who looked like they'd rather bang their head on a table.

I hoped to everything that he wasn't walking after me. I just don't know what I'd say to him. 

My wrist was grabbed and I was yanked inside the mens bathroom. There I was standing in a stall with Harry Styles, staring intently into my eyes.

"I can explain." Yeah, I'm sure he would...

I rolled me eyes and tried to leave but he blocked the door. I was getting angry. Almost to the point where I angry cry. It's where I'm so frustrated I just cry. Stupid, I know.

"Explain. EXPLAIN! Explain to me how this morning you ask me to be your girlfriend when you already have one. Explain to me how you can sit there and kiss her when I'm sitting right in front of you. Explain to me how you said you don't want to see me hurt, but your doing it right now." With every word I said I hit my fists against his chest. He didn't make a motion to move. He just took the blows fully knowing he deserved it.

"I just. I got caught up in us. I haven't even seen Caroline in weeks, I kind of thought it was assumed that it was over, but apparently not to her." He had grabbed my hands and pinned me against the bathroom wall. 

Yup, I was crying now. I wan't to go home. I just want to see my Dad and Mom. And home I will go. "Well, until you can figure out everything with you too, I'm going home. I have too many feelings for you just to sit around and watch you be with another girl. You said you hated to see girls heart broken? Well, congratulations, your the sole purpose of one."

I burst out of the stall and tugged on the bathroom door. I ran past Lou hoping she wouldn't stop me, but she did. "You ok?" She had worry spread across her face, but I sucked up my crying just enough to tell her I was going home.

And from the looks of it. I wasn't coming back.

..............................

It had been about 3 days since I left the tour. I woke up in my own bed. My own room. With the normal wake up call from Apple and Moses.

I guess the whole of One Direction and their management found out I left today, because I woke up to a load of texts from them.

From: Niall

-What the hell Melrose?! I need you here! Come back!

From: Louis

-Harry is a little shit. I'm soooorrry :( Please come back!

From: Zayn

-I'm here for you boo, please come back!

From:Liam

-I ate some cupcakes today, reminded me of you. Please come back, Rosie! :(

From: Lou

-Hey babe. I miss you. Tom is annoying me. Come baaack! :( xx

From: Tom

-I am not anooying, but having you here helps. Miss you lots!

From: Paul

-Harry is depressed. Please come back. Please Melrose. Call me.

That last text took me aback. Harrys depressed? He's got Caroline for comfort. He'll be fine.

Before I could even finish that thought in my mind, I got a text from him. It was simple, yet it's what made me get back on a plane to get back on tour. I thought about our friendship. And even though we might not be the same, Harry will always be my best friend.

From:Harry

-I need you.

.................

I got out of the car and arrived at their venue for the evening. It had been a whole week since I've seen them and it has felt like years.

I crept backstage and I heard them singing. Lou saw he and tackled me to the ground. She gave me a whole speech about leaving. I don't think anyone really knew why I left except for Louis and Harry. He tells Louis everything, so I expected it. But everyone else thinks I was just homesick.

I peeked into the room and they had gotten done practicing. They were all just lounging around. My eyes drifted to Harry. He was just staring at his phone, checking it every minute or so.

Well, I guess I better go in.

They all had their backs facing me. Playing FIFA of course. "Care for another player?" I spoke while all of them turned around and had big smiles across their face.

Niall was the first to bear hug me. Then the rest came in. Even Harry. 

I knew now that I wouldn't let anything get me down again, because right now, these moments, they're what I live for.