Fresh Start

Dad is one of those people who likes to get to places either early or REALLY early.

That's why I'm sitting here at the flight gate an hour before we're due to take off. 

Dad had left me at the security gate. He gave me the usual talk. "Be good. Represent your family. Don't screw this up. It's a really good opportunity." Blah. Blah. Blah.

As I was going through security, I began to wonder if I was doing this for me, or for my father. Yes, I liked working with hairstyles and fixing up peoples' hair, but was I in it for a profession? I guess now is the perfect time to find out.

I hadn't gone off to university because I just liked touring with my Dad. I was content with it and I didn't see the need to change any of it. I guess Dad thought otherwise, because he was basically rushing me out the door this morning to get to the airport.

I'm the only one at the gate right now. It figures. Who would want to get here so early? Only Dad.

I figured I'd waste some time. If the boys we're anything like I thought they were, they'd be "fashionably" late and we'd have to catch another flight. 

Opening my laptop, I decided I'd do a little research on the boys. 

As crazy as it may sound, I don't really know much about them. But apparently they are the biggest thing right now, according to my Google search....oh my gosh...this has everything about them.

Ok, hmm, lets search Louis first. He seems harmless...wrong. In the videos I watched he was this rowdy, loud, crazy lad. And he was the oldest?!? NO! Oh, and he has a girlfriend. And she's banging. Go Louis! Ha. We'd get on. No question. I'm as childish as him. 

Next, Zayn.....and hot damn this kid is the definition of beautiful. Holy shit. Next. 

Alright, Liam. Aww! He's like a little teddy bear. Sensitive. He has a girlfriend as well, who is also attractive. Gosh, what is it with everyone being like a freaking super model and me being the little potato that I am. 

Niall. Hmm. Niall Horan. He is my type. All the way. Blonde. Short. Cute. Everything. I need to get near him. Ok, I'm sounding creepy moving on.

Harry. The jackass who got me into the position I am today, dammit! He was attractive no joke, but some of these stories counteract it. Bagging a lot of girls. Being a big ole' flirt. Oh, and my favorite, having a 32 year old girlfriend. And shagging her as well.

Enough of this, I'm going to have to see their faces a lot from now on, so I've done enough research. 

People started gradually filing into the gate waiting area. My eyes rested on this elderly couple who were holding hands and canoodling. 

Normally, I would have thought this to be sickening. But, with elderly people I have a soft spot.

The old man leaned down and kissed the woman's nose. He then squeezed her tight and continued reading his morning paper whilst she knitted.

"I like watching those kind of couples too." I nearly jumped out of my seat. A warm puff of breath washed over my neck while a smooth voice spoke.

I spun around my seat to be face to face with Harry. 

He started laughing and fell back into his seat. I shifted my glare up to see that the other boys were making their way into the terminal. 

After a few minutes I turned around to face him. "You interrupted a good moment."

"A good moment?" He looked confused, but he still had that cheeky glint in his eyes. 

"Yeah, they are nice. You don't see much young love being perceived in old now-a-days. Everybody doesn't love each other anymore. That or they just decide to.." I stopped myself. I was about to say leave, but they would have led to more questions and I didn't feel the need to let Harry know about my Mom or my life story.