Fixing & Breaking

Melrose POV

My first response was to slap the mess out of Harrys' cheek. I mean, he deserved it. People say girls are bad at making decisions, well apparently that is far from the truth. First, he kisses me. Then, he runs away like a little bitch and doesn't talk to me. Next, he tries to come on to me again, but then runs away. Now, he kisses me, and he is so damn good at that, and wants to talk. 

Hell, no.

Harry cupped his cheek and let out a little yelp. "Ouch! What was that for?" His eyes searched mine for a genuine answer. He really didn't know the game he was playing for the past two days. Maybe he is just really oblivious, but that doesn't make it ok. 

I clenched my fists and waved my hands in the air as I went on my rant. "For one minute you act like you like me, but then the next your running away. I don't have time for this. With me, if I like someone, I'll tell that person. I don't  care, but once I do,  I won't go hiding away from them."

He let out a sigh and leaned back against the wall. "Melrose, I do like you. Like a lot and I've never liked a girl so much. In fact, your actually the first girl that I was genuinely attracted to, not lust wise, ya know? And it's hard for me because I don't want to hurt you, because if we end up bad then we'll still have to see each other and I don't want to see you upset."

I looked out the window and smiled. I couldn't help it. He was thinking about me and my feelings and it kind of felt good to have someone thinking about your well being. "If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I'm the most carefree person. If I have a falling out with anyone, I forget it like 2 hours later. There's no way that I could stay away from you..." I blushed at that last part. I guess I was sort of starting to let my feelings show.

"There is no way in hell I could stay away from you." Harry stared intently at me. I felt him pull me close to his chest and we were back in the position that we were when we first came to this back room. Both lying down on the ground looking up at the star ceiling. Except, I was much closer to him and I didn't have an issue with it.

"Why is that? Why couldn't you stay away from me?" I tilted my face up towards Harrys and he laughed.

"Well, when we first met, you were not like all the other girls I talk to. You hated me and didn't fall for my bullshit. I liked that about you. When, you were on the plane and you fell asleep on me, that's when I knew I would start to feel something for you. You just looked graceful, I guess. I don't know..." He trailed off and I could feel his heart thumping against my ear. 

"Are you getting nervous, Harry?" I giggled and propped myself up on my elbows so that I'd tower over his face.

"With you? Always." He leaned up and surpisingly kissed my forehead and not my mouth. I think he was a bit scared after I slapped him earlier. So, I decided to be the nice person I was and correct him.

"You missed!" I giggled as he sat up to lean against the wall.

"I missed what?" I would have thought he actually didn't understand what I was saying, if he wasn't smirking.

I crawled over to him and straddled his lap. "My mouth." I touched his lips with my fingers and he smirked again. I loved that smirk.

"Oh did I? I wasn't aware." He came closer to my lips, but they didn't quiet come together.

I grazed mine over his. "Yup, you did." I laughed and I jumped off his lap and began knocking on the door.

He shot me a pouty face as he stood up. "I think you need to show me what I missed." Before I could answer he had his lips locked onto mine. This kiss was a lot deeper than the other ones we had. I guess since we've established that we both have feelings that it's a lot less dangerous for us to kiss one another. 

When I pulled away I thought about what we would tell the others. "Hey, umm maybe we should just not say anything about us to the others."

Harry nodded his head, but then he smirked. "Are you asking me out Melrose?" 

I whacked his shoulder and laughed. "No! Like about our kissing and stuff."

He pulled me flush against his body and stared into my eyes. "And stuff...like how we have feelings for each other."

I was losing my concentration. He was gorgeous. Dammit. This was going to be a difficult tour. "Uhh, yeah. uhh. That stuff."

He pulled me even closer. Our faces inches apart. "Or the stuff about how your my girlfriend.."

My eyes shot up to his. I saw that he was smiling ear to ear. I cracked a grin. "Yeah, or about that stuff."

He leaned in a gave me a warm kiss on the neck. 

My thoughts flooded back to Nathan and how he hurt me, but I was going with my heart. Let's just see where this takes us.

.....

I was watching them all rehearse on stage. We had made it to the next venue and I was currently watching Lux. Well, she didn't really need watching. She liked to listen to them all sing so she just sat there in my lap clapping away.

While Harry was singing, I saw him glance down at me a couple of time. Not sure why, but every time I did I smiled. 

He would smile back too, but all day today he has had this distant look in his eye. 

Josh came over and sat in the seats in front of me and Lux. I hadn't spoken to him since we watched the Little Mermaid together.

"Oi! Josh! Thanks to you I can't get Under The Sea out of my head!" I laughed as I ruffled his hair.

I laughed as he fixed his hair. "You know you liked it. Oh and good luck tonight by the way."

I wrinkled my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side. "For what..?"

He got up and started to walk towards the back of the arena. "Harrys' girlfriend is coming tonight. I know you too have like chemistry going on or something, so good luck with that."

I got up out of my seat and started speed walking to Josh with Lux in my arms. "He uh, he has a girlfriend?"

Josh picked and apple up from the table and bit into it, he spoke nonchalantly, like everything was ok. "Yeah, Caroline. Caroline Flack. You've heard of her right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Of course." 

And this was going to be the last Harry Styles had ever heard of me.