Yellow

(A/N: Hello! Please, please let me know what you think!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! DADDY SAID THE SHOW STARTS IN AN HOURRRRRRR!” Both Apple and Moses were pouncing on me. Their boney, little, kid knees stabbing me with every jump.

“I’m up. I’m up!” I rolled over and curled up into a ball

Apple ripped the cover away from me. “Nope. Daddy said that whenever you say your up. Your really not. So he said to pester you until you actually got out of the bed.”

I laughed. Dad knew me so well. “Yeah? What does Dad know anyway?”

“Everything.” I perked up at the sound of Gwenyths’ voice.

“Come give me a hug momma!” I jumped into her arms and knocked her down.

While Gwenyth was tall and thin. I was short and well, curvy. I guess I got that from my real mom because my dad was no where near that.

I looked at the clock. 7:00 p.m. Yep right on time. I always sleep. Constantly. This was just one of my many naps to come. 

I stared at my suitcase. It always seemed that I had nothing to wear. Ever.

“You might need this..” Gwenyth nudged a TopShop bag my way.

I grabbed the bag with caution and peered in. “YOU DIDN’T!” 

She did.

I had been saving up my money to buy this beautiful playsuit they had. It was lavender with baby blue accents throughout. It went so well with me. This was the first summer that I had actually taken the effort to get a tan. I wasn’t all into the whole fake tanning so, back in April I started working on a real tan and with this playsuit it will pay off!

That’s girly isn’t it? But I don’t care. I’m in love with this playsuit!

I bolted across the room and hugged Gwenyth.

“You are the best you know?” I gave her a big smile

“I know. I know I am.” She spoke in a thick British accent. Mocking mine.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

I curled my long, dark hair into loose waves. Light makeup, because I always seem to wear it off at dads’ concerts. Hey! I get wild, ok?

When we arrived at the venue in Tampa, Florida I headed straight for the VIP section in the crowd. It’s like this little area for the celebrities who come to these concerts so they don’t get bombarded by the audience. 

Though, it is seated right up against the regular seat so I don’t see the whole purpose in it.

As soon as I walked in I heard my name being called left and right. 

“MELROSE! PLEASE SIGN THIS!” I saw a girl screaming.

Many fans of my dads’ liked to have my autograph. Though, who knows why. Gwenyth tells me it’s because I’m becoming a “fashion icon”. Which is somewhat true. I wear what I like and my style is a bit odd and outgoing, but I love it!

I walked over to the girl and signed her phone case. 

“Thanks so much Melrose! I’ve been a fan from the beginning. I’ve watched you grow up since your dads’ first album!” She smiled at me. 

It was a genuine smile and I knew it was real from the moment she flashed it.

“Thanks so much! Want a picture?” I was always keen on getting pictures with the fans. If my dad couldn’t get to them, I would. And they always seemed to like that.

“Oh my gosh. Yes!!” She handed me her phone and I snapped a picture with her. I hugged her and moved on over to where I would stand to watch my dad.

At first, I hadn’t noticed him. I thought I was the only one in the section. He had to speak to me for me to realize someone else was there with me.

“Your Melrose? Chris Martins’ daughter?” His eyes grew big and I watched them as they looked me up and down twice. Curse these curves…

“Yeah, and you?” I was a bit snappy with him. I felt bad for it, but his wandering eyes changed my mind.

“Harry Styles.” He shot me a cheeky grin and I heard a girl swoon from behind us. Also, a lot of people were taking pictures of us as I shook his hand.

I know who he is. And I don’t like him. He seemed smug. And this air that was around him made me feel like I was dirt. High class bastard.

Just as he was about to make more conversation, Gwenyth saved the day.

I knelt down to grab my two favorite people. Apple and Moses. Again. More flashes as people took pictures. 

“My dumplings! How are ya?” I smiled at them.

“We just saw you like 5 minutes ago…” Apple and her sassy mouth starting already.

Towards the end of the concert my dad started the chords to my favorite song. Yellow. He wrote it about me. And it was the special connection between us. 

Before he went into the beginning of the song he sang out, “And that’s what makes you beautiful!”

I scrunched up my nose. What the fuck? He changed OUR song.

I looked over to Gwenyth with confused eyes. She pointed to HIM.

I turned around to face a screaming, fanGIRLing, Harry Styles. Yes, his eyes were wide and he was jumping up and down.

“He! He just sang my song! Oh my GOSH HE JUST SANG MY SONG!” He grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

“Yeah, yeah. He sang your stupid song.” I pushed his hands off of me and watched my dad sing the rest of the song. 

I shouldn’t be mad at Harry. After all, it was my dad who sang that. Harry didn’t tell him too. 

Why did Harry have to be here of all nights. 

Today was me and my dads Father/Daughter Anniversary. Today was the day that my dad bought a home with a 3 day old baby over 17 years ago. Today marked our 18th year as going strong without my mom. 

He usually would dedicate this song to me on this day if he had a show, but not today. 

I guess he forgot.

All because of Harry freaking Styles.