Nice To Meet You...Not.

(A/N: Again, let me know what you think! Any feedback is a big help!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I left my seat before the song was finished. 

I had already made my mind up. I was going to scream at my Dad. I was going to make him feel horrible. Maybe even show him my tattoo to get him revved up for a fight.

As soon as he exited the stage, I was a coward and changed my mind again.

“Melrose! Did we make ya proud?” He ran straight to me and gave me a giant hug.

See, things like this piss me off. I can be so fumed at Dad and want to bite his head off in an argument, but his hugs dissolve everything. He gives you these bear hugs that engulf your whole body and you never want to let go.

I mustered up the courage and pulled away from him. “Did you forget?” I tried not to make my eyes water with tears. I hated looking vulnerable, when I absolutely was not.

At first he shot me a look of confusion, then a wave of regret washed over his face. His body slumped and he dropped himself in the nearest chair.

“Melrose.” He looked up at me, shaking his head. “I completely forgot. I just got so caught up within the concert. You know I didn’t mean to do it. I’m so sorry.”

My hardend features melted a little, but that didn’t stop my tongue from spitting ugly words. “So you would rather sing One Direction lyrics into OUR song. On today? Any other day would have been fine.”

“Melrose. Stop.” I looked over at my Dad. One thing he hated was when I was upset with him. For a genuine reason of course. He hated it.

I gave up. I wasn’t that upset anyways. I mean I was living the life. Touring with my Dad. He got me in with some of the celebrity hairstylist. That’s what I want to do. Cut hair and style it and stuff. He lets me cut him and his bandmates hair on tour, which I find very cool.

I smiled and looked up. “It’s alright Dad. You can make it up to me by getting me junk food later. You know I love it.” 

He hugged me once more and I closed my eyes taking it all in, but he quickly let go and I face planted on the couch.

I looked up to see him shaking hand with the bitch himself, Harry Styles.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and began scrolling through Twitter. 

All of my followers were just the bottomless pit of amazing. They always sent kind words and cheered me up when I was down. 

“Melrose. Melrose. MELROSE!” It took my Dad a while to get my attention. I snapped my head up and looked toward him and Harry.

“Come here, I want you to meet Harry.”

“Oh I already did. He was fangirling over you singing his lyrics earlier. Should’ve filmed it. Titled blackmail or something…” I shot a smirk at Harry. Which someone should have informed me was the wrong thing to do.

My Dad walked away to let me and Harry mingle. I didn’t care too.

“So…Chris…I mean your Dad tells me that you like hairstyling and stuff.” He shifted closer to me. Apparently, he took my earlier comment as flirtation. Wrong.

I stepped back. “Yep.” I looked around the room for my Dad. Begging for him to come back sometime soon.

“You know, our stylist Lou Teasdale, she’s always looking for some help. Maybe I could put in a word for you?”