Chapter 12, The Door

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Alya asked awkwardly.

"Yeah, not to be rode but we have been walking for almost like ten minutes and you haven't said a word." Chloe commented.

"Is everything ok, Mari?" Nino asked, and Nath nodded.

We are coming up on the doors, to the hall. I can't do this. What if they say no. What if they say yes? I stop and freeze. I fall over putting my hands on my knees. I can't do this.

"Hey, hey, look at me. Come on bugaboo, look at me." Adreian says grabbing my shoulders and kneeling to my level. I can't help but chuckle at the nickname. I look at him a couple of tears falling down my face, he quickly wiped them away. "Hey, everything is going to be fine, my Purrnicess. No matter what their answer is, it will be ok. It was ok when he asked me. And there where hundreds before us, and we will make sure there will be hundreds after. Stand up, bugaboo, and let's go try something. It is time."

I smile at his words and we stand up. I start to shake and then I feel him take into his arms and I just completely loss it. I cry in his arms.

I don't know how long we had been standing there. He probable had just told the others to leave. There is probably a lot of staff that saw me crying. That is a great way to come back. I pull back and look up at him. He is always there. I don't know why, he never had to be. He left his home for me. I don't know why.

He wipes away any more tears that had run down my checks and then brushed some hair that had come loss behind my ear. He is always there for me.

Then he smiled, "You good now my Purrincess?" he asked.

"Really, what is with you and puns?" I replied

"And she is back, and they are the best things ever." He said smiling proudly.

"Good I didn't know how much longer we could stand here and make excuses." Alya said.

"Yeah, they are very worried." Nath said.

"Not to mention quick to judge. Did you see that look that he gave me."? Chloe commented.

"Don't worry I told them that they were making out. Only her parents will be coming down this hall in a hot minute." Nino said optimistically.

"You guys didn't leave." I asked, why would they have stayed.

"Of course, he tried to get us to leave..." Chloe started.

"But they refused, tell them." my kitty said.

"Ok, follow me." I said walking up to the door and opening it.