Chapter Seven

The world was extremely quiet on that day, well at least for Seokjin. It was the same day when Kim Hyunmin was wandering through the house in his newly sewned tuxedo, phone basically attached to his ears as he barked orders through the speakers and pacing through the living room in search for his missing pandant. Kim Taehee was rushing around in her party gown, hair tied up nicely as she get her handbag and set towards the door, looking back at her husband who was still busy on the phone to notice that she bought a brand new gown and did a new hairdo, just for him.

Seokjin noticed though, he saw his mother looking at his father with pleading eyes as if she was begging him to hurry up. Hyunmin ignored as always, Taehee huffing and stomping her stooped high heels back into the living room where she plopped onto the grand couch. Seokjin had his teddy bear hugged tightly in his tiny hands, watching with wide eyes as Taehee got impatient and stood up, staring up at Hyunmin with a barking look of sassiness. Seokjin wasn't one to miss anything that happens in front of him, he wasn't the kind of the kid that day dreams a lot to be blind sighted about what happened in front of him either. So he didn't miss it too, when his own father slapped his own mother in front of him for looking at him like that without a second thought.

He saw his father's burning eyes turned towards him and the small child whimpered before running up to his room, locking the door behind him and sitting down on it, trying to ignore the yells and the screams that came from downstairs with big, fat, tears rolling down his cheeks just praying the same thing wouldn't happen to him...or that someone would save his crying mother. 

And just like that, Kim Taehee's new gown was bloodied, ruined and the drive to the party they were going was cancelled.

SEOKJIN woke with a cold sweat. He looked around, only to realize that he was in the hospital, the wounds on his hand stitched up and an IV attached to him. He sighed shakily and rubbed his face with his hands, trying to shake off the images of his dream, or flashback, nightmare if you may, off his mind. Moments later, Taehyung walked in with a bag of KFC on his hand, he smiled gently when spotting the older and walked towards him. Placing the brown takeout bag on the bedside table, he opened it and handed Seokjin the box of mashed potatoes. "The doctor said you weren't supposed to eat anything hard yet, there was a bit of a wound on your ribs and throat so make sure to eat slowly, yeah?"

Seokjin nodded, muttering a small thank you under his breath as he slowly ate the warm bowl of mashed potatoes, trying not to moan in delight at how good they taste. Taehyung smiled and patted the older's shoulders, "Enjoy." He said softly, "The doctors prepared some pain killers for you, you can leave in a few days."

"The police got your father and he's in jury now." Taehyung continued, "There's no way he's winning for what he have done, your mother too."

Seokjin stopped eating, looking down at the warm plate of mashed potatoes in his hands. He frowned as his mind run about on the idea of not having a home anymore. No matter how bad his parents were, they were still his parents. Seokjin sighed shakily and placed the paper cup on the counter. Taehyung frowned, quickly grasping Seokjin's shaking hands in his own big ones. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" He whispered, reaching up to wipe the small tear that managed drop down Seokjin's cheeks.

The older whimpered softly, "W-Where do I live now?" Seokjin stuttered and sobbed, he now had no parents, no home. He was definitely free, but it didn't felt good. Perhaps he was too used to how he lived, that the thought of being normal scares him. Normal, yes, but without a family to call his own. Taehyung sighed and pulled the male into a hug, letting Seokjin cry into his shoulder as he rubbed his back soothingly.

After a few minutes and Seokjin pulled him away from his body. "You don't have to worry about it. I'm marrying you. I'm your home, Hyung." He whispered, wiping the stray tears from his eyes with the pad of his thumb. "And I'll be your home, as long as you need me to be." Taehyung smiled softly and looked into the eyes of his first ever love, someone he wished to call his own before he even knew the meaning of love and what it held. Even crying, Seokjin look so ethereal.

Seokjin nodded and looked into Taehyung's eyes, whispered a soft, shaky thank you and adverted his eyes down to his own hands. Taehyung smiled, putting his hands on the older male's chin to make him look up at him. "You don't need to thank me." He whispered, inching closer to him, "It's my job to be here for you, hyung." He mumbled, didn't let Seokjin say anything before he connected his lips with the older male's plump ones. Seokjin didn't react at first, too surprised to even move but when Taehyung's hands intertwined with his free ones, he closed his eyes and kissed him back with all his heart. Their lips moved in sync, fitting so well with one another. Taehyung wrapped his other hand around Seokjin's slim waist and pulled him closer, squeezing his hand gently.

When they pulled away, Seokjin was a breathless, blushing mess. Taehyung smirked, kissing his forehead and sat himself back down. "Sorry, I couldn't resist you." He teased, looking at Seokjin and his blushing cheeks fondly.

"D-Don't worry about it." He whispered and bit his lips, "I l-liked it." Seokjin blushed and bit his lips, looking at Taehyung from the corner of his eyes. The younger male smirked and wrapped his arms about Seokjin's waist again, pulling him close against him but at the same time making sure the IV attached to his hand won't break off.

"Good, cause there's so many more of those to come."

Seokjin smiled softly, biting his lips. He laid his head on Taehyung's shoulder and closed his eyes, wondering how his shoulders feel a lot more comfortable than the hospital pillows. "Great." He muttered, ",'cause I can't wait."

And they spend the rest of the days like that, cuddled up on the small hospital bed with small kisses shared between them throughout the whole day. Until visiting hours were over, that is. "I'll come back early tomorrow, do you want anything?" Mashed potatoes. Seokjin managed to whispered sleepily. "Okay babe, I'll make sure to get them, I'll bring some flowers to make this plain room a bit livelier." And mashed potatoes. Taehyung chuckled, "and mashed potatoes, of course." Yes, my mashed potatoes. Then, Seokjin was out like a light and Taehyung chuckled before leaving the hospital, making sure to make a mental note to bring a couple dozen cups of mashed potatoes for his hyung the next day.