Chapter Four

HOME was supposed to be a place that makes things easier for people, a place that brings you comfort and happiness but the moment Seokjin stepped a foot into his 'home' he was greeted with a strong sense of uneasiness. Seokjin sighed at the quiet atmosphere of his house knowing his mom was sleeping and his dad was out working, he decided to leave the house he didn't want to be in anyways. Seokjin rushed upstairs, getting his coat and some money he had before checking the time, he had a few hours until his father gets back. Which means, a few hours to go around the city and a few hours to finish cooking dinner. Surely, six hours might be enough for it. 

Watching the same old streets of his neighbourhood, he walked towards Namjoon's bookshop hoping that the younger boy would be here. He hadn't been there in forever since, well, leaving his house wasn't an easy thing to do and he always gets caught when he tried to sneak out from his window. It had been approximately two weeks since Namjoon and Seokjin last saw each other. So Seokjin headed to his best friend's shop, because where else does he have to go to anyways? All he wanted was to leave his house for a few hours before his father gets back. 

Walking into the small bookshop, Seokjin's lungs filled with the extra ordinary smell of old books that he strangely enjoyed and smiled at his friend who was behind the counter working on fixing up an old book to put it in the borrow section. "Hey Joonie." Seokjin greeted, a smile grazing his pink lips as he does so, he leaned against the rusty book shelf making sure it did not fall over with his weight as he watched Namjoon turned to him with a smile on his face. 

"Hey hyung," Namjoon smiled, putting down the book he was working on to engulf the older boy in a tight hug. "It's been two weeks." He mumbled, "Are you okay?" Namjoon knew about Seokjin, and the way he lives at home and it was only fair for him to worry about his older best friend every now and then. "I heard news, well, everyone heard them." Namjoon said with a worried frown on his face as he led Jin to make him sit down on the chair he was previously sitting on and took a seat on the messy counter, pushing off the other things off it. "You're getting married?" 

Seokjin shrugged, clearly unimpressed. He'd knew by now that his mother had ran around the neighbourhood yelling about how his son is going to marry a chaebol and that she won't have to worry about the loans she took while playing cards and going shopping for her own use. Of course, because Seokjin had parents that looked at to him like a tool. The older male sighed, "Yeah." He muttered emotionlessly, playing with his hands as he looked down at himself. 

Namjoon sighed, sitting up to put a palm on Seokjin's hand and gave him a reasurring smile. Just one comforting smile and Seokjin was already bawling his eyes out. Namjoon was quick to react, immediately pulling the elder boy into his arms as he rubbed his back. "I. . . I don't want this." Seokjin cried. "My life. . . it's so fucking bad Joonie. I h-hate this." He cried, holding Namjoon's shirt in his clutches and the taller boy cooed stressfully. He wiped Seokjin's big fat teardrops that fall from his brown eyes and smiled softly.

Seokjin's nose was tinted red and his body shook with every soft sob that fills the quiet bookstore. Namjoon sighed, "It's okay, hyung. I'm sure you'll work things out just fine." He said shorty after Seokjin stopped crying. "There's no way I can help you out of this situation for you but you know that I'll always be there for you, right?" He said, a strong tone lacing his voice as he wiped Seokjin's tears. "Come on, you're a manly man aren't you? Where's the man in the Seokjin? The Kim Seokjin that saved my sorry ass back in preschool."

Seokjin giggled a bit and nodded, wiping his tears. He stared at Namjoon before crawling back into the arms he found comfort in every single time. "I love you Joonie." Seokjin whimpered out into the other's chest.

"I love you too." Namjoon smiled, then added, "Like a lot . . .you asshole." The both of them giggled at that, wrapped up in each other's arm in the comfort of the warm bookshop.