Chapter Three

ALL HE could hear surrounding him was the low mumble of international hits on the car radio and the sound of tire against gravel. When Seokjin woke up, he was dressed in something better and was in the back of his family car. He sat up straight and stared at his driver confused. “Where . . .?” He croaked out, his voice rough and throat dry. The old driver looked at him through the rear view. “The Kims had requested another dinner with you, sir.” Seokjin sighed, but nodded and fall back on his seat with a hug.  So that’s it? His father is just going to send him off to there again? Taehyung couldn’t even stand his existence.

After a while, the car stopped at the gates of Taehyung’s house and he sighed, walking inside and being greeted by the long walk he had to take in order to get to the front door. He could feel the sting every time he took a step on the gravel paths from where his father had kicked him. Seokjin sighed again and pulled the flimsy material of his cardigan closer to him. When he arrived to the front door, he was panting and mentally cursing his driver for leaving him to walk from the gates instead of driving straight up to the front door.

Seokjin walked into the house after being greeted by the two guards that stood outside the door. He walked in to see Taehyung sitting on the living room with his butler beside him. Seokjin stood on the door awkwardly before knocking on the wall so they would know that he's here.

Taehyung looked up, stood up, rolled his eyes and said, “I knew they were planning something when they told me to be home early today.” He looked up at the ceiling, blowing away his bangs and Seokjin internally killed him for being so extra. He rolled his own eyes and just stood there, he was not up to play fight with Taehyung like some fucking kid would do.

“Sir, you’re required to take Mr. Kim Seokjin out tonight.” The butler announced, handing him a roll of paper before bowing and walking away. Seokjin watched this with parted lips and curiously stared at the younger male as he read whatever was written on the fancy paper but then shifted his gaze to the rest of the humongous house he hadn’t had a chance to admire the last time he was here. Seokjin was rich, but Taehyung was richer and if the money in their bank account wasn’t enough proof, their houses was. Taehyung lives like royalty and he have everything a rich kid had to have, while Seokjin on the other hand still lives off his father’s allowances, and at that moment he felt weak.

Seokjin sighed, shifting on the balls of his feet as he played with his hands. The feeling of overwhelming sadness had yet again weighed down on him and he felt somewhat powerless against it. He didn’t know what he was doing with his life, he was this close to stabbing himself on the chest just two hours ago for the sake of fuck. The brunette lifted his head up and took in a sharp intake of breath and watched Taehyung threw the paper onto the floor and stepped over it as he got his bag.

“I won’t be taking you out, but we can stay in my room until my parents come back.” Taehyung said as he strode towards the spiral staircase. And there it is again, Taehyung was being kind to him again and Seokjin couldn’t exactly pinpoint what the younger was trying to aim at. One minute he’d talk to Seokjin as if he’s the lowest of the low scum on earth that people walk over and spit on and another he acted as if Seokjin was someone equal to him. The older bit his lips but followed Taehyung up into his room because what other choice does he have?

Once he sets a foot into Taehyung’s room, the other had walked out to talk on the phone and Seokjin exhaled loudly before he fell back onto the black bed sheets Taehyung had. Seokjin blew the bangs away from his face, at least at Taehyung’s house he didn’t have to worry about being locked in the basement.

Taehyung came back inside the room after a few minutes, “I need your help.” He stood in front of the elder that was lying on his bed and Seokjin fluttered his eyes open and sat up while rubbing his eyes.