Chapter 10- Bridesmaids Drama

Chapter 10

Date: March 12th

Location: Kleinfeld Bridal, New York

Time: 11:57 a.m.

“I swear on everything I know I’m going to murder your sister Aura!” I heard Iris shout from the next room over and couldn’t help but roll my eyes at her dramatic statement. “I mean, what the hell was she smoking when she picked this out?”

It was currently time to shop for the bridesmaids dresses, seeing as that has been postponed due to me being in a different country playing dead. With the wedding a few months away L.J wanted to get moving on finishing the last details, including picking out the bridesmaid’s dresses. I was surprised to hear that Iris, Fran and Maria were all going to be bridesmaids along with me, the maid of honor. There were also two other women Christy and Mel, that I haven’t met before.

Now we were high class criminals, and yes we did all have records, and yes I was supposed to be dead, but what the bride wants, the bride gets. L.J didn’t want designers sneaking in and out of our “work” place, she wanted the normalcy, which meant going to a chi chi bridal store and dealing with fake employees.

While L.J had everything planned down to the last minor detail, including what she wanted the napkins to look like on the table, she didn’t really know what the bridesmaid’s dresses should look like. This was the third dress I was putting on, Iris and Mel were trying on two different types of dresses.

I was wearing some purple one shoulder dress that had a small part of me wanting to scream toga around the store but I didn’t think it would be appreciated.

I walk out and stand in my assigned spot and saw Mel already there wearing a shorter dress like mine that was a pale pink and didn’t have any straps. L.J sat on the couch with the other bridesmaids and mom drinking champagne with the consultant waiting at the side.

“Where’s Iris?” L.J asks after a few moments.

“This dress is hideous,” Iris pouts while stomping out. I’m immediately ready to reassure her that it doesn’t look that bad but end out letting out a laugh before I could completely cover my mouth.

“It doesn’t look that bad,” Christy offers while staring at the glowering girl.

The first thought that comes to mind is a five year old girls dress on her first day of kindergarten. It was an awful green color that fell three inches below the knee and had a boxy top. Iris’ glare was the only thing that kept us from laughing at her. The consultant looked downright terrified before L.J waved her off and told her we could manage on our own. They quickly scurried off.

“This thing is $500,” Iris exclaimed looking at the tag. “Who wants to waste that money on this?”

“Go take it off,” L.J barely got the words out before Iris went back to the dressing room. She scrutinized Mel and I before shaking her head. “No.”

That’s what it’s been for the past hour. Trying on dresses and L.J looking for a moment before saying no. She didn’t offer any critiques or possible things that she liked just no. Mel and I shared a look before we went back to the dressing room.

“I never thought I’d dread going to put on clothes,” Mel murmured and I was right there with her.

“I don’t even know what she wants,” I say while going into my dressing room and peeling off the dress and looking for the next one in store.