Chapter 6- Brushing it Off

Chapter 6

Date: March 5th

Location: L.J’s office

Time: 11:40 a.m.

“I’m bored,” I said those two words for probably, literally the millionth time as I twirled around in my sisters chair as she did lord knows what on the computer.

L.J was more of the behind the scenes person and more than ever was the one directing and controlling everyone else to do what she needed done. Gone were the days when my parents basically controlled the Guardians. I suppose that meant I partially ran this place to, but I was more of the take action without thinking and hope everything turns out okay type of person, I would be a terrible boss.

Fixing Valentin’s mess after he exposed our little operation wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. The enemies realized they were being closed in on and made the vital mistake of putting valuable, incriminating evidence on their computers. No sooner did they do that did I have the police knocking down their front door.

What can I say? I’m a bitch.

But now that that was done we were kind of in a slow spell, and only a few days had passed since the Valentin incident. Sure we still had the basic criminals and low lives, but that was easy prey that the cops and the FBI and the CIA could take care of. The only real threat out there were the Reapers and I wasn’t supposed to be anywhere near that case.

Of course when people tell me not to do something I do it anyways, after my rebellion started in high school it never seemed to stop. The only problem was the Reapers were good with making sure nothing important was on any type of technology either. I did find one of their bases, but I wasn’t allowed to go because I was supposed to be dead and I wasn’t really allowed to go on a mission that would get me killed again. I could deal with the first, but everyone was going to have to get over the second at some point.

“Is there anything I can do?” I asked hoping that my sister would finally realize that I could do more than just sit behind a computer. I mean yes that was kind of my main thing but after traveling the world for three years fighting for something, sitting around on my butt was boring me to tears.

“You know we can’t risk you being seen,” She states simply and I sigh loudly leaning back into my chair.

“People are going to figure it out sooner or later,” It was a pathetic excuse, but I didn’t really have much else to back me up.

“I’d rather go with the later,” L.J goes back to looking over papers and frowns.

I knew why her brows creased and her forehead scrunched in a way mine did, it meant that we were frustrated and confused. I knew why she was feeling this, our other members of the Guardians were being complicated. With the Reapers right around the corner it would make sense for all the Guardians to work together to fight them, but the others were determined to stay rooted in their spots.

I didn’t even know that the Guardians had other bases until I came back, apparently they were stationed all over the world. I shouldn’t have been surprised, it was a good tactical maneuver, it wasn’t like the enemy was going to attack in one place. So while we had thousands of members, we didn’t have people rallying up to become an army.

Wait an army, my thoughts raced around at the sound of that word and an idea quickly formulated in my head. I knew a few things about rallying troops.