Becoming The Goddess

Luka

---------

Ahhh! I screamed in pain and withered on the floor. My heart broke. My body was so filled with pain. My group of men that were following me to help me find Jess all stared at me.

"GO!" I shouted. "Just go! Go home! I'll find her on my own," I growled at them. All but Mike fled. I snapped. I launched myself at him, shifting and landing on top of him. I clawed and bit, but Mike refused to fight back. I leaped off of him, and fell to the ground and howled, louder then I had ever howled before, it was so full of pain I let out all my sadness and anger and I howled, howled from my heart, hoping against hope Jess would hear it, and take me back. I mean, how would it look if my mate rejects me? The social outcast I would suffer would be extraordinary!

"Luka, what happened?" Mike's voice finally broke through my wall of sadness. I just stared at him, and he realized immediately. " She'll come back. Don't worry, she'll come back."

"I dont think so Mike. You know how kind she is, she saw me kill a prisoner. Using... using the acid. She is probably too terrified of me to see me ever again. I wouldn't balme her if she never came back." Hopelessness filled me, and for the first time in my life, I fainted. Well second time. I don't really care about her, but I need a mate for an heir. Although finding some random woman would have been easier then this.

Jess

---------

The light was all around me. The glow overpowered my senses and I could barely make out the form in front of me. As my eyes adjusted I saw that the form was in fact a woman. She smelled like a werewolf, but more powerful then any I had seen before. Even Luka. Just thinking about him made me sad, I regret rejecting him. I want to take him back, to go find him and have him hold me. But I know that even if I could figure a way out of this place, he would never take me back. Serves me right. I was caught up in my own mud and so I didn't look up until the woman spoke. To be honest I had forgotten about her.

"Hello Jess. I am the moon goddess." Her voice was like a thousand harps playing at once.

"WOAH! I mean um... Hello." She laughed and the tinkle of bells echoed around what I could now see was a clearing in a forest of light. "Moon goddess, I do not wish to be rude, but why have you taken me to your....um...clearing thing?" I questioned her cautiously. I don't want to get on the bad side of a goddess.

"There is something terrible happening, and so it is time for me to tell you your true destiny. Did you not find it strange you were such an advanced fighter with no training. Don't you find it strange your mate is the most powerful man in the world?" Now that she says it I can see she is right. I never trained, but fighting was always easy.

"Yes. Now that I think about it is strange. I'm sure you would not tell me this if it didn't meant anything?"

"You are right. What I have been leading towards is this: You are to be blessed with powers. I have unlocked them by inviting you here. You will be stronger that the stongest troll, faster then the fastest vampire, your wolf will become a tiger, and you will be filled with magic more powerful then the strongest fairy. " I stood shocked.

"But...but...why?" I was dumbfounded, speechless and I couldn't think properly.

"Because the vampires are going to attack," she replied sadly. "And you must unite them with the werewolves by killing their Quenn and taking over the throne."

"I thought only vampires could rule the vampires?" I am still not making much sense. Oops.

"Ah yes..." She looked hesitant to say more but then grew determine.m"I have not mentioned that excepting these powers...will make you a hybrid." Hybrids only exist in tales far older than our grandfathers grandfathers. I thought they were made up. But I did not miss a key word.

"What do you mean except the powers? I have a choice?" I said

"Yes. But if you do not except the werewolf race is lost." The goddess shook her head. "I must send you home now, but you must first tell me if you except your powers."

"Of course. Of course I except." How could I put my happiness before the good of our race? It wouldn't be fair. "Goodbye moon godess."

"Goodbye savior."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I awoke yet again under the tree I had stopped at the night before. I was back in reality. I got up and ran my hands threw my hair, but even though I just got powers and met the moon goddess, Luka was still the most important thing on my mind. I was about to walk back to the palace and beg him to take me back when I heard a howl. I knew immediately it was Luka and so I shifted. I ran, faster than ever before, my tiger was stonger then my wolf and I did not tire as easily. I soon reached the place where Luka was, so I shifted back, suprisingly with my clothes on.

Luka

------

I had sent Mike home. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts. All I could do was miss Jess. My wolf was howling and I was crying. I was talking to myself saying all the things I did wrong out loud, hoping she would somehow hear them and come back. Well, at least my wolf wanted her back. I guess its good to have a mate but really all I need is a breeding partner.

Jess

------

I saw him and my heart lifted. He was saying a buch of crap about how he was a bad mate and how he sould never of left me to walk back alone and all this random stuff I had forgotten about. I walked up behind him. He sensed my presence and turned around.

"Luka, I am so sorry, I don't want to reject you. I miss you, and I understand if you never want to talk to me again bu-" I gushed out, but I was cut off when he kissed me hard. I opened my mouth and out tongues fought for dominance. Of course I could win, but I let him. We took a breath and he pulled me to his chest. He didn't say anything for a while but eventually whispered in my ear.

"Don't ever leave me again. I don't think I could survive a second time."

------------------------

I hope this chapter didn't offened anyone with the mention if a god, I didn't mean any offence.