The Newest Alpha

Jace stood before our new pack, we are making our first design as Alpha and Alpha female. We have been Alpha for about a month, and Jace has taught me how to use all my new skills. We have been training the pack too, and we are planning to stay the strongest pack. Jace turned and addressed our pack.

"Tomorrow, packs from all around America will be coming. We must address the Vampire problem. We expect that they will be treated with respect. Anyone who disrespects our guests will face severe punishment. Am I understood?" A chorus of Yes's reached us.

"Then go about your business," I said as we walked off stage. I took Jace's hand and we walked back to our house in silence. As we entered Jace let go of my hand and plopped onto our bed, putting his head in his hands.

"What are we going to do? There is no way any lone pack can stand against the vampires. But there is also no way any of the Alphas are going to bow down and let us lead." He shook his head, raising it to look me in the eyes. "But I know, I just know that we are the only ones that can stop them. Nobody else knows what we know, and anyways, the only way to win the loyalty of another pack is to have their Alpha bow to you, and my tiger will not let me do that."

"You're over thinking this. They might not bow to you, but their wolves will. That's all that matters. Get them to shift and make their wolves submit. You can give them their packs back after. You know what they say; its all fair in love and war." I know that I sounded kind of evil, but sometimes, you have to be strong to survive. And I don't know where the "Only men are fierce and scary" stereotype came from, but it's not true. This is my pack, my race, I won't let them die. Jace took my hand.

"You're right." I smiled softly. We will see what tomorrow brings.

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes, and checked the clock. I started then hurriedly shook Jace awake.

"Babe, wake up, the packs will be here in an hour. We should get ready. You know, so we don't have to meet them in our pj's." He turned and sat up.

"I need a shower." He said groggily, walking off. He is not a morning person. At all. I smiled to myself and went in the opposite direction, towards my bathroom. I showered and headed to my wardrobe. I felt it had to change after becoming Alpha, it needed to make me seem more in charge. So, I grabbed a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a red top, and a leather jacked with high heel boots. I took Jace's hand and together we walked down the stairs just as the first packs arrived.