three

+Calum

The week went by pretty quick and it soon came to the day I was dreading.

Friday.

Friday was supposed to be the day all teenagers would rejoice because school was finished for the week but not for me, it isn't. I spent the whole week trying to avoid Luke's intense gazes and flirty winks but now, I will have to spend two hours in a classroom with him.

"Are you sure you can handle yourself in detention?" Michael asked with a concerned look on his face.

The two boys attempted to get theirselves into detention so I wouldn't feel alone and uncomfortable with Luke's presence but they weren't very successful.

I nodded my head and gave them a smile. "I'll be fine. As soon as I get out, I'll make sure to call you" I told them.

"You're making this sound like you're going to jail," Ashton joked.

Michael gave him a nudge in the ribs before saying, "Detention is literally the same as jail,"

"True, True."

We all nodded in agreement, chuckling. The bell began to ring, signalling that it was the end of the school day. On Fridays, we would finish school two hours early due to that fact that we would finish one hour after other schools.

Ashton gave me a pat on the back before walking to the school doors and Michael gabe me a quick hug before following behind the shorter lad.

I waved to the boys who had sympathetic smiles on their faces. I watched them wave back and Michael shot me a thumbs up for reassurance.

"I'll make sure to call you guys, okay?" I called out to them as they walked out the school building.

"Yeah!" I heard Michael yell back to me.

I was slightly nervous about detention because I was new to the school and I didnt know what detention was like here. In addition to that, I had to spend it with an annoying äss boy named Luke Hemmings.

"Ready sweetcheeks?" I heard a familiar australian accented voice say.

speaking of the devil..

I rolled my eyes at the nickname and simply ignored him, walking off to the detention room which was at the end of the hallway. I felt Luke walk beside me and slide his arm around my waist.

"Remove your hand off of me," I demanded, trying to push him away from me.

His grip tightened and he pulled me closer to him. "No can do, sweetcheeks."

I let out a loud huff of annoyance before violently shoving him off me, causing his grip around me to loosen and I tore myself away from him. All of a sudden, I felt my back against a wall and Luke was towering above me with both of his hands beside my head.

"Fiesty. I like it," He purred into my ear as he leant his head down, a couple of centimetres away from my own.

I gave his shin a hard kick and ducked under his arms, quickly rushing to detention. I turned back to see Luke bent over as he rubbed his leg in pain. I smiled triumphantly before opening the door to be met with an empty room with only one teacher sitting by the front desk who I found out was called, Mr. Pres. He had a stern look on his face and pointed at a seat, not speaking a single word to me.  I sat down myself down in the seat he assigned to me and place my bag down by my feet.

"Where's Hemmings?" He asked, keeping his attention to his paperwork that was situated in front of him.

"I think he's still in the hall," I said quietly.

Just as I said that, Luke had walked into the room with one of his stupid signature smirks.

"You're late Hemmings. Another five minutes for you," Mr. Pres spoke, glaring at Luke.

I heard Luke groan in annoyance and he shot me a glare. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Mr. Pres who was still looking at his paperwork.

"Just go sit down," Mr. Pres instructed to Luke. I felt Luke sit beside me and I could see in the corner of my eye that he was staring at me intensely, like he always does.

This is literally not how I like to spend my Friday afternoons.

+edited 7.11.2016
a/n: My chapters are getting longer after I edit them lmao but still, this chapter is pretty short tbh. I apologise for the really short chapters in the future chapters :((