Chapter 59

please Vote ❤️

Betty POV:

I woke up at about 3 am to a horrible cramp in my stomach. The midwife had told me that it's normal for me to have cramps as my uterus is expanding. It was hurting really bad and the pain was excruciating. The midwife also told me a list of medications I can take for the pain but she said it's best if I try to leave those as a last resort.

I decided I needed to get up, hoping it would reduce the pain a little. I turned my head to see Sweet Pea was peacefully sleeping, a small smile formed on my face and I placed a kiss on his lips. I slowly moved Sweet Pea's arm from around me and stood up. As soon as I stood up I felt so much better then when I was laying down. I quietly walked downstairs and pulled out a glass from the cabinet. I poured some cold water into it and took a seat at the table.

I take a couple sips of my water as I enjoyed the peaceful silence. I tried to focus on my breathing and not the pain. The pain wasn't getting any better but it wasn't getting any worse.

Sweet Pea POV:

I rolled over in bed and I didn't feel Betty. I instantly shot up and turned on my lamp light. She's not here.

I quickly ran out of bed and saw that a light was on in the kitchen. I raced downstairs and saw her taking a sip of water. Her face looked a little pale and she looked like she was in pain.

Sweet Pea: baby are you okay? I asked while taking a seat next to her and pulling her onto my lap.
Betty: I just have some cramps. She says with pain in her voice. I felt so bad.
Sweet Pea: is there anything I can do? I asked worriedly.
Betty: can you get me a hot water bottle? She asked, her voice still showing that she's in pain.
Sweet Pea: of course baby. I say while standing up and placing a kiss on her head.

I found the hot water bottle and filled it with hot water like she had requested. I walk back to the table and gently place it on her stomach.

Betty: thank you. She says with a pained smile. I frown.
Sweet Pea: do you want to go back to bed? I asked her.
Betty: it hurts more when I lie down, can we stay in the lounge? She asked. I nodded my head.

We both stood up and I held her hand in mine. We walked over to the couch. I sat up with my legs on the couch and my back leaning on the back of the couch. She took a seat in my lap, sitting the way I was sitting.

She had the hot water bottle resting over her stomach and I gently wrapped my arms around her and rested it on the hot water bottle so she didn't have to hold it.

Sweet Pea: is it helping at all? I asked worriedly.
Betty: yeah a little. You don't need to worry. She says softly. I frown.
Sweet Pea: baby I hate seeing you in pain, I wish I could do something. I say feeling guilty.

I don't know why I feel guilty but I do. I hate watching her suffer, especially when I can't do anything to help her.

Betty moved her hands to mind and intertwined our fingers.

Betty: you just being here is making me feel better. She says while placing a kiss on my lips.
Sweet Pea: I love you. I say while kissing her forehead.
Betty: I love you too. She says while closing her eyes.

I woke up with Betty still resting on top of me. Sometime during the early hours of the morning the water bottle had fallen off her as I noticed it was on the ground.

I hated seeing how much she was hurting earlier this morning and it hurts even more knowing that there's nothing I can do to make it better. I hate not being in control when it comes to these things.