Chapter 19

Please vote ❤️

Betty POV:

These past two days everything has felt weird. My school life was normal, my friends were normal but my father was the problem.

To everyone else he seemed normal but to me he was off. It's like it wasn't even him. He would forget the things he knows of by heart, such as meetings he has organised. When ever I ask him something he somehow always manages to avoid the topic.

It was Wednesday morning and I had one more final test for him, because I have a really bad feeling about what's going on.

Yesterday we were sent a letter from Penny saying that their operation to destruct the Serpents is happening right under our noses. Neither Fp, Sweet Pea, my father or myself could figure out what that meant. Everything at the bar was normal. Nothing was adding up.

But now I have come to a conclusion. Martin, my dads twin is pretending to be Hal so he can destroy us from the inside. It's pretty far fetched but the Ghoulies would do anything to get rid of the Serpents.

Penny and Martin would definitely be apart of this, but who else? They would need at least one more person so they would have back up.

I knew I needed to first figure out if my father was actually my father. That's the first step.

I decided I was going to pretend to feel sick. When ever I'm sick my father goes into complete over protective mode. He begins asking me all different questions and this happens every time I'm sick.

I walk downstairs and into my fathers study. My father never usually works in his office in the mornings. That's another thing that's off about him.

I knock on the door and he invites me in. I put on a sad look and sit opposite him.

Hal: hey hun, what's wrong? He asked.
Betty: I don't feel well. I say with a little groan.

This is the ultimate test. Whatever he says determines whether he really is Hal or Martin.

Hal: would you like to stay home? He asked.

This is 100% not my father. My dad would never left me stay home without asking me one hundred and one questions first.

I nod my head.

Hal: go back to bed, get some rest. He says softly. I nod my head and walk out of his office.

I run up to my room and pulled out my phone. I had to send a message to Jughead and Gladys. I wanted to keep it pretty low key so they didn't get scared.

( Betty's message to Gladys and Jughead )

Please get out of the house as soon as possible. Don't talk to dad just go. Don't ask questions, I'll explain everything after school.

( end of message )

Definitely wasn't as subtle as I wished it was but it'll have to do.

I also then quickly called Sweet Pea asking if his father was still home. Thankfully he was.

I quickly changed out of my pyjamas and into some casual clothes. I sneakily exit the house threw my window.

I got on my bike and sped my way to Sweet Pea's house. I'm pretty sure I was going over every speed limit.

I knew one thing that could help us. We had as much time as we wanted. Whatever Penny and Martin had planned they know they can't kill my father otherwise they would just be in the same place they are now, powerless