Chapter 12

Chapter 12

 (Kyle Schmid, my idea of what pretty Robbie looks like------>)

It's sad, but yes it has come to this. I am being stalked, and not by some whacked out stranger, but by my own big brother. My own flesh and blood. It has been days since his jaw dropping revelations, and days since he took his first glance of Robbie, and the man has been stalking me ever since. "Come on Bro, just put in a good word for me. He looks at me like I am the scourge of the earth, and what's the deal with the big guy hovering over him all the time?"  It has been like a constant loop of the same repetitive questions spewing out of his mouth, so much so that I have been driven into hiding. My inner twink has taken to dressing up like a solider, complete with jungle fatigues and helmet, and whenever he spies Nate headed our way he hollers out, "Incoming." And dives head first into a trench and covers himself with leaves, only to jump out again screaming as he heads for the closest shower to scrub every inch of his skin free from the mud he had dived into. He is such a prima donna.

I had to report to the station house this morning for my upcoming shifts. I have ignored 10 text messages and at least twenty calls from my brother who was seriously making a nuisance of himself. You would think the man would take the hint. Robbie had shot him down, knocked him clear out of the water, but the little beauty had no idea that he just made Nate all the more determined to try to give chase. He has always been like that, stubbornly determined to obtain the unobtainable. Little did my big brother know, he had several hundred pounds of muscle to get through in order to even get one word in with Rob. And the way Xavier has been eyeing him like he was a cross between garbage one minute, and then the most delectable cut if beef he has ever seen the other , something was going to come to head, and I wanted to be no where near when it did. I had my own issues trying to work out and define my relationship with Lance in order to play matchmaker for Nate. In between hid lusting after my friend, we did manage to talk some more and let go of a lot of hurt and pain. It is going to be a long process of healing, but we were going to take it one day at a time.

I cracked my front door open and I stuck my head out just enough to look up and down the hallway of my apartment, and I breathed a sigh of relief that Nate was no where to be seen. I quickly stepped out of the door, locked it, and scurried down the hall towards the stairwell doors. I jogged down the solid naked concrete steps and out the exit into the bright morning sunshine. I quickly unlocked my truck doors and literally dived into the cab. The big engine rumbled and I wasted no time as I hauled ass to the station house. Tension oozed out my shoulders as I put the truck in park and hopped out and headed for the open garage bay doors. Words could not describe the feeling of peace, and the feeling of home as I walked through the door hearing the guys ragging on each other, yelling over the blaring music, and just generally horsing around. 

My little diva was in his element as he took a seat in his plush chair and broke out a plethora of snacks to watch as the guys geared up for what looked like an early morning game of basketball. And this looked like it was going to interesting. Shirts were already off and the little hussy was already panting like a bitch in heat, fanning himself with one of those fold out fans with opera glasses sitting in his lap, ready and willing to not a miss a minute of anything. I waved them off as they tried to get me to join in but I had to admit, I wanted to watch just as much as my little gay boy did. So I followed they guys outside and took up my post under the trees next to the paved off court.

 The game was in full swing when I caught movement in my peripheral vision, and I groaned as Nate sauntered over my way. I had to admit that the cocky bastard did wear his jeans and tight t-shirt well. He filled them out in all the right places. And the game was too intense for the guys to take notice that he was here yet. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he came to a halt next to me and slid his shades off his eyes and perched them on top of his cropped russet tresses and cornered me with his serious cerulean gaze.