Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(My idea of what the men of Ladder 29 looks like------->)

Excitement raced through my veins as I threw my duffle bag onto the passenger side of my truck's seat and climbed up behind the wheel. I turned the key and the powerful V8 engine rumbled and purred to life. It was a beautiful sunny day and I opted to ride with the windows down catching the beautiful May breeze and sunshine. This time of year, on the cusp of summer was my favorite season, not too hot and not cold at all. My fingers tapped on the steering wheel with nervous energy, my head buzzed, and the butterflies fluttered in my stomach. God, my first day at the station; Damn, I was lucky to even get the opening Firefighter spot with the Ladder 29 Company just a few weeks after graduating from the academy. My mom was so proud and Nate, my brother and a seasoned Paramedic for Station 10 across town had nothing to say for once.

After a 20 minute ride, I pulled into the parking lot of Station 3, Ladder 29 main house. I was going to turn in my Fitness Testing results and my final results on my Agility Tests. I was also going to meet the Chief Garrison. Most of my interview was done over the phone and now I was finally going to do a face to face and see who it was that deep sexy voice belonged to. I barely heard what the man had said to me. The cadence of that strong baritone had washed over my skin and clamped itself onto my heart. When I was contacted and informed that he wanted to conduct a formal interview I was so jazzed. I had put the application in three weeks before graduation and I thought that I really wouldn't get but yes, I was called.

I remember that I was cleaning up my apartment from the night before; it had been my turn to host poker night. I was standing there in some ratty basketball shorts stuffing stale chips and beer bottles into a large black garbage bag when the phone rang. When I answered the call, I was promptly informed that I had to come in and fill out some paperwork and the City Center Human Resources Department. The Rep told me what documents to bring and what time to be there. I thanked her profusely and almost jumped out of my skin with excitement. I almost embarrassed myself buy doing the running man dance across my tiny living room.

Nothing could have brought me down that day, I went in and I promptly filled out all the necessary paperwork, presented all my documents, and scheduled myself for the written tests and background check. All of which I passed with flying colors.

The next step was a meeting with the Chief of the chosen station where I was to be placed, and low and behold I got a call from Chief Lance Garrison Of Station 3, with the infamous Devil Dogs of Ladder 29, The elite badasses that were called upon for the serious shit, like multi-level building fires, dive and rescue, and every class large scale fire and rescue emergencies that there were. They also made up the member's of F.A.S.T. (Firefighter Assist and Search Team), several members got awarded for their bravery and participation in the 9/11 traumatic task of searching ground zero for possible survivors and body recovery.

When he introduced himself, my hand shot straight to my cock, it stood straight up, rigid, and at attention when that deep rich baritone wash over my nerve endings and made them sing with delight. I have never broadcasted my sexual preferences, but if asked directly I have never lied about being gay. And it was rare that anyone managed to hit all my triggers at once, but talking to the Chief and doing an informal interview first had managed he pulled all my strings with just his voice alone. I didn't give a shit what he said just as long as he kept talking. He thanked me for my time and told me that his secretary would get back to me.

Days later his secretary did call, a bright, cheery, bubbly person, by the name of Christy. She gave me the best news that I have ever received since Alan Perkins had agreed to give me my first blow job in junior high behind the soccer field bleachers. I was hired! I was a firefighter damnit, and that was it for me.