Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Fire Station Beds------>)

After meeting the guys, the chief clapped me on the back and sent me on my way with Xavier, another God amongst men. He had shown me the upper levels of the station house. He showed me my locker for my gear, pointed out the shower and bathrooms, and then he took me to the sleeping area. He showed me the empty bunk where I am to sleep and explained to me the times for mealtimes and such. He told me to settle in and pointed to where my personal bunker was next to the bed for my clothes and personal items. He explained that I was to come back downstairs in 20 minutes so we can go over house duty schedules. He said this was a settling in period for me. I had three weeks of orientation then I was going to me in the middle of everything during calls, right now I was to observe and learn.

 He winked at me and then left me to my own devices. I looked around the communal sleep room and realized there was very little privacy to be had. It was set up almost like summer camp. The room was one huge area with about 12 army type cots, but the mattresses were thick and firm. I dropped onto my bed and wiggled my butt on the mattress and I was mildly surprised at how comfy it was. I shot back up on my feet and put my bag on the bed. I pulled out my shaving kit and my toiletries, change of clothes, and such and stored them in the bunker chest. Then I folded the duffle bag and put in there too. I already had my uniform on which consisted of the company 29 logo t-shirt and my navy cargo pants. My boots were polished and laced up properly. I was so psyched. Nothing could have brought me down today.

 I made a quick detour to use the bathroom and to check out the shower area. I almost groaned out loud when I pushed the door and stepped into the pristine white room. It was spotless and the strong stench of bleach permeated the air. The sinks and toilets were off to the left and they were separated by a tiled half wall from the communal showers. The showers consisted of several faucets and shower heads sticking out of the wall and that was it, meaning I am going to die watching the sexy beasts get all wet and soapy. “Oh God, please don’t let me get a boner or make an ass of myself staring at them all.” I sent the silent prayer as I relieved my bladder, flushed, and then I zipped up and washed my hands.

 I trudged my way back downstairs and I followed the sound of voices into a large dining room. Half of the guys were seated around the table playing cards and the other half seemed to be in the kitchen area, and from the smell of things they were preparing lunch. I stood a little uncertainly in the doorway when a booming voice called out. “Come on in Rookie and tell us about yourself.”

 Walking over to the table and taking a seat, I tried to remember the men’s’ names. There was Xavier of course, then seated to my left was Robbie, Chuck, and Dave. Xavier was dark skinned, his skin was like mocha and it was flawless. His head was completely shaved and he had a trimmed low cut beard. He was smoking hot. The other three were almost like triplets in size; all three of them had dark hair ranging from brown to black and their eyes colors ranged from blue to hazel. Also the crème de la crème of eye candy. All those bulging muscles and broad chests. I took a breath and mentally slapped myself to get out of my current headspace. These were my co-workers, guys I am going to have to depend on to watch my back and me theirs.

 I didn’t have much to tell them, so I just briefly explained to them about my family history and the sometimes brutal conflict between my brother and myself competing against one another. They laughed at my tales about the fire academy the instructors there and the shenanigans the students got into and often times got busted for. I was drawn into the poker game where pennies were being used as chips. It didn’t take long for my stomach growl at the enticing scent of robust chili coming from the kitchen. Another set of guys joined us. I was introduced to Kelly and Tom, they sat on the opposite side of the table and Tom greeted me kindly enough but Kelly just glared at me and rolled his eyes and sat back and brooded. I wondered what his problem was until Xavier nudged my shoulder and told me it was my turn, and I just shrugged and got back into the card game.

 Soon enough lunch was being served and I almost gawked at the amount of food that was now spread out across the table. There were at least three cauldrons of fragrant chili, four serving platters of fluffy biscuits, a mountain of salad, and several pitchers of juice and water. And damned if the men didn’t eat their way through all of it. I was so full I didn’t know what to do with myself. It wasn’t until someone yelled out, “Rookie!” And my head snapped up and the mean mugging Kelly shoved a covered tray in my hand. “Take that to the man.” He growled and I was confused for a second until I realized he was talking about the chief and I almost dropped the try as my nerves set in. But I covered it by nodding and making my way not so stable knees towards the chief’s office.

 When I got there I fully expected to see Christy perched behind her desk, but her seat was empty and I wondered if it was okay to just knock and go in with his lunch. I teetered in the outer office for a second then I manned up and walked over to the door and balanced the tray in one hand and knocked on the frosted glass with the other. I heard the gruff response to enter and I wiped my sweaty palm on the side of my pants before reaching for the brass knob and turning it. The door opened silently, and I stood there in the doorway then I stepped in his inner sanctum.

 “Ah, good lunch, thanks Thaddeus.” His voice caressed over my skin like silk and I had to the stomp on the urge to rub my thighs together. This man was like an erotic walking, talking poster child for raw sexuality. “Here let me take that from you.” He continued as he gracefully rose to his feet and walked around his massive desk. He took the tray from me and in the process his fingers brushed mine and a shot of electricity raced from the point of contact and straight to my dick. I sprung an erection so fast I was almost light headed from the rush of blood going from my brain to my cock. Shit me! I almost whimpered like a wanton slut in front of the man.

 “So have a seat, did you eat yet Thaddeus?” He asked as he set the tray on his desk and reclaimed his seat.

 I carefully sat down the wing chair on front of his desk extremely aware of my throbbing hard on and desperately willing my wayward cock to behave. “Um...yes, Sir I ate and you guys can call me Thad.” I managed to respond with a reasonably steady voice.

  The chief just nodded his head as he uncovered his food and unwrapped his utensils. I tried my best not to fidget and he took the first taste of the piping hot chili. And the way he slid the spoon into his mouth and those firm lips clamped around the utensil did absolutely nothing to help my raging hard on to go away. I wanted so much to shift into a more comfortable position on the seat, but I didn’t want to draw his attention to my predicament. I almost blushed at just the thought of it.

  “You do know the guys are going to ride you hard.” The man said and my head snapped up at his words. I almost felt the fool because my smutty thoughts immediately went somewhere they had no business going, and then I quickly realized he was most likely referring to Rookie hazing. They had told us about it at the academy.

  “I know, Sir. I am not sure what they are going to have up their sleeves for me, but I will survive it.” I said trying to sound more confident than I was at the moment. Lord only knows what their hazing entailed. I was the newbie, the rookie, fresh meat so to speak. Whatever it was I will just do my best to deal with it.

  “Well, you are got spunk at least; you are going to need it. These boys are hard core and I hope you can hang. Thanks for bringing me my lunch.” He said and it was a clear dismissal. Although I had to wonder about the look he shot me when he said his little spiel. But I just shrugged it off and thanked the good lord that my dick was somewhat normal enough to let me stand and walk out the office door with embarrassing myself.

  I got back to the dining area and I offered to help clean up but again Xavier commandeered me and led me to what was the recreational room. There was a huge plasma TV in the wall, several couches and several gaming systems. A man cave for sure. He led to one of the tables and there was a sheaf of papers already waiting for us. We sat and I did my best to focus on the house rules and tasks of each fireman and paramedic on duty. He went through several lists and I settled in to absorb all the information that he was giving me. This was day one of my official job as a fireman and I had the resist the urge to smile like the proverbial cat that got the cream.