Breaking The Ice

This chapter will contain the part of Annika story. So peep into to know more.

They reached their hotel room after a long flight. Annika got jet lagged after freshen up she slept. She was very unsure about the current happenings.

She was more concerned about her feelings. She has no clue why her restlessness is increasing. The moment Shivaay asked her to accompany him, her worry increased. For some reason she knew it's not about her family, she knew it's nothing related to her family they don't exist for her.

Its about him. She don't want to fall weak in front of him. She can't show how fragile her heart is. He mattered, his thoughts mattered and she knew why?

Yes she loves him.

She fell in love with him long back....

She was not feeling nice, it's been two days she was at home. She knew she was not completely wrong, helping her colleague is a good thing. And on his part he was also correct, he had to take this decision.

This is the first time she was not feeling at ease. Her mind was continuously thinking about office. Its been only 10 days she was handling the work but she was already worried about how he must be coping with it. She thought of calling at the office but later thought otherwise.

Next day it was big day for her. She was back again at same office. She was feeling very anxious it's like entering for the first time. She was worried how Shivaay will react. She knew her friends at office are waiting for her return.

She thought after this she will have lots of friends.

To her surprise nothing of that sort happened, nobody literally nobody said thanks to her. Its because of her they were flinch from his wrath. Now they don't want to acknowledge her help.

She was disappointed. She was sad that people are so selfish, she knew her boss hates her and only thing she was looking forward was the support of the staff . They betrayed her. With a heavy heart she sat on her desk.

She was lost when her trance was broken by the call at the intercom.

"Annika bring the credentials Finance file to my cabin."

His voice calm, same as it was on the first day of her job. She was surprised how come he knew she was here. She was glad that he called her for work. She was very reluctant to face him. But his formal behavior made her day, for the first time she liked that he does not count personal things at office. She knocked the door and he called her inside.

He was in His usual self all busy and engrossed in his file. He did not looked at her. He behaved as if nothing happened as if these three days never existed.

She hands over him the file.

She was about to go out feeling relax that her relationship with her boss is same as it was. When his manly voice caught hold of her.

"Welcome Back Annika." He said with a faint smile.

She nodded smiling, and came out. Her heart feeling jitters as if her day is made. Somebody is happy to have her back. His words were ringing in her mind like a soothing song.

It was more welcoming because she was disappointed how her so called colleague behaved with her. She was disappointed she never expected this from them and even not from him too.