HINT: Names ! 'NOTES FROM SUPER WORLDS' : Entry by Dan Harvester

Hey there folks, just BTW... allow me tell you all about a little trick I learned for those who become Mages. Yes that's right – I'm now a Mage!! So be careful how you treat my hugely seductive friend, Fountellion! Yes, that inspiring island teeming with life, energy and flux. Where a little respect for one's surroundings and some enlightened, harmonious cooperation is endemic to the shared nature of the game. Where players live beneath the shadows of their own natures, the Stokermen, and are consequently less... wayward.

Anyway, it's not so much a trick as a new power:

Turn on: Names

That's right. Pointing at an animal, bird or insect within a certain visual proximity for more than three seconds will bring up it's unique species name in Latin. The letters appear artfully and then dissipate into the surroundings. It's almost just as beautiful watching the letters as it is the subject.

However, this won't work for normal users.

As we all know, in Fountellion, knowing the names of things is vital in the summoning of some powers. You can – literally – hold a power over something if you have learnt its name.

And it's another reason that I keep recognising insects just when I'm out in the Source, walking through the nearby city gardens.

But there are a lot I've never seen before and may never, and these must be unique to the Fabric, where every Mage is allocated a species to monitor.

@NotesfromSuperWorlds