PROGRESSION RED: Greenwise and The Nature of the Game (PvE)

LOAD SCREEN: Blackness. Sounds of wind gusting, birds, distant waves dimly breaking...

LOAD SCREEN MESSAGE:[Hint] The 1st Power is 'Super-Jump Focus Mode': a combination of slow breathing, hand gesture and mind concentration to enable super movement or jumping. 

SPAWN LOCATION: Estuary. Description: on a high hillside next to a coastal estuary. Standing inside some woodland but walking towards an old gate that leads... beyond... 

Spiral doorway / portal closes behind the player. 

Then... fade out...

LOAD SCREEN (2): Blackness again. Sounds of wind, birds, distant waves continue...

VOICE:

How much shall I be changed, before I am changed?
(whispered from within the corn upon 'first waking'...)

DESCRIPTION:

You appear like a ghost in a field, gradually fading in; 'waking up in the world'. You are now lying in a ripening field of golden barley corn and the detail everywhere is astonishing. You spend many moments looking at grass stems, insects, your hands fingering the softness of the soil and feeling the feedback sensation through the interface. The stems of the corn move perfectly in the breeze. You examine the ends of the corn, the ears; the detail. You pull at one of the brownish leaves and feel the slight resistance. You roll over onto your back and stare at blue sky, a lone cloud drifting across it. There is wind here. Then you stand up. It's brilliant. You're in the middle of a field; on a sloping hillside. The wind is softly reproduced out of a very rich, blue sea-line and, a fair distance below, sea water is shining into a wide estuary where the tide is out.

APPEARANCE: Each player brings their Spiral-crafted representation or avatar into the world. This means you 'come as you are' to Fountellion as in most other Spiral worlds since there is no purpose in creating a fantasy alter-ego.

Each avatar is vetted/verified as being 'closely representative' of their Source appearance upon start-up into The Spiral. This does not apply to Game Mages who may be 'playing' a character in the game or a part-time NPC (non-player character) in the game.

YOUR ATTIRE: Randomly-generated old world or fantasy RPG attire relative to sex and experience. New players wear rough shirt, boots, cloak etc. Later on: various leather enhancements for protection and stamina are possible. There are near-limitless variations of attire generated due to the random algorithm. Cloaks however, are standard issue.

You feel only like walking and exploring this world for what it is, and yet you remind yourself that this is game-scape, and that control over it will be vital for survival; that you must learn its powers and its nature.

You can see waves and the breeze moving everything around you and all you can do is look around, gazing at the sun upon the detailed imagery; the scale of it. It is very real, and yet more so, somehow. It's the super-real. The wild fields and pine trees are perfectly simulated, obeying the extensive laws of a unique fabric filled with growing, interacting variables. You might guess that this particular area had been modelled on the coastal areas of England or any forest area further north of this.

Arriving into this scene you are drawn just to gaze at the corn and pass a hand through it, seeing the individual grains. It feels nearly possible to inhale the freshness of the air. The cornfield is sloping on a hill, so looking down again at the water you can see the tiny waves ushering the sea incessantly into the estuary, and sand from a wide open beach that lines and welcomes the sea into the land.

It's both hypnotic and beguiling, and to think inwardly that's it's all just a virtual simulation somehow adds to this amazement.

At this time, the world will keep newborn players alone to explore intuitively...