SUPER-LOG 9: Into the Wild

It's dark, but it's not night time yet so this mystical orange glow is filtering into the forest in places, making it look even more magical and otherworldly.

Yet again, I have to remind myself that this is what it almost is – magical. A simulated, man-made interpretation of nature's game. Hardly real? Discuss...

I follow the river just by walking... I want to continue the freedom I was seeking before.

But I'm moving more sluggishly. I practice just one focus jump – up onto a tree branch and then launch off again, cruising downwards. I love the descent. It's just so cool. I manage to land really well this time, onto a rock like I was supposed to before, to cross the plain. But it doesn't work again. My power is all good, but my energy is just too low, just as was advised, and because it's late in the day.

.....

You can read the rest of Dan's adventures via Amazon etc....

There is also a lot of 'bonus content' or fragments in the following chapters...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTO THE HIGH TREE FOREST

LOCATION: Further up into the island, in the High Tree Forest, following the river.

TIME: Morning. After first acclimatisation.

It is bright morning and the player wakes up next to the sound of water passing over rocks, and with all the beauty that comes with light mixing with water.

Your avatar moves easily with a restored quantity of energy, and the player is able to spend time jumping across the river, revelling once more in this sensation.

But the mystery of the High Tree Forest depths is calling, with its huge, towering mix of tall pine, cedar and larch trees swaying in the breeze.

Soon Greenwise reappears or is summoned, as the player depletes in energy or is awoken, in order to learn of the second power, and to learn more about survival.

DIALOGUE WITH GREENWISE

If the player has encountered the Stokermen then this can be discussed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------