**** INITIALISE / INTRO ****

Welcome, players... to both the early story and experience of a survival-adventure 'game' that has today help to build so many extra realities, for so many.

.

I want you to understand how proud we were of its initial impact on some of our 'pioneers', some of whom would later become a part of our development community, vital supporters; even its brave protectors (Keepers of Fountellion). For, as we would come to realise, nothing is without its negative effects...

Indeed, it was always a fine line we were walking - into an exciting, dangerous creation, if technological progress wasn't always going to - perhaps inevitably - lead us there. Or, at least, somewhere just like it... 

.

A natural fabric; a living world, that could be conjured and then introduced quietly into otherwise self-obsessed lives, our over-controlling preoccupations... It's no wonder it was to capture and divert those attentions, for better, and for worse. However... overall... many of us believe for the better. Perhaps, even as we'd hoped; it could still help in stimulating the rise of a more respectful civilisation; one more acutely aware of its origins and connections.

.

Will you, too, become a Keeper of Fountellion? My hope is that you will. You do not have to ever play such a game. You're already playing a version of it. But, you can read these lines, and there find access... or a closer connection...

.

So here, with these writings, we wanted to preserve a player's personal account of the game, and let it stand beside some of the original development outlines and ideas, so as to reveal some of our original intentions, lest they be lost in the continual evolution of the game-world, as it persists today... less they become twisted, or lost in the stories of those who became lost, rather than those - less sensational maybe - of those who were found.  

.

And, even if you're never to play this game (due to perhaps, a very wise suspicion of all things virtual), we hope we've captured something of this 'finding', within these lines, that can be experienced through this older, (and more potent?) medium: the imagination.

.

We believe it's worth this telling, since it's as much your story as those involved in its creation, including the many scientists and naturists – yes, those true pioneers – who still work to unlock even more of nature's secrets, in the worlds beyond - yet ever within - our Source world.

.

So... you have a choice now. You can read either just the Super-logs, just the original Walkthroughs, or both. If you're more interested in the personal experience, you can skip to reading only Dan's 'Super-log' sections. However, the Walkthrough will at times provide you with extra assistance, or a clearer understanding, of these logs.

.

Whatever your decisions be...

.

Play a good game.

- John Leaven, co-founder, Fountellion/Green Garden project

-----------------------------------------------------------------

'In the future, I foresee an 'ultimate game'; a powerful reflection of, and also about, the nature of our world – and... a thrilling, revelatory one. 

.

Energy... change... survival... cooperation... adaptation... these will all feature, (finally) blurring the lines of entertainment. And the game will use potent symbols and invest its players with 'real' insight, along with the reality-shifting emphases this - itself - brings... 

.

Yes, it will be a game that will prove a valuable experience for people, as it shows them an experience of 'Life'.... from a perspective of Life itself... at last.

.

At present, this may be just our concept... but.. somehow... we'll do it!... For in order to combat the seemingly unstoppable ignorance – and arrogance – of mankind... we'll need to.'

.

- Prof. B. Fielding, founder