03

Chapter three
Photography visit
March 6th 1971
Willa's POV:
I had to go to Brian's today. I took a shower, did my hair and put some jeans and a t-shirt on. I got in my car and headed towards his address. He lived quite a ways from me. I parked and walked up to his flat. I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer. He opened the door and I said "I almost thought I had the wrong place." Brian shook his head and let me inside his flat. It was small and homey. "So did you bring some of your work? I'm really curious." Brian said. I pulled my binder out of my bag and he gestured to the table. We both sat down and I handed it to him. I watched him flip through it, his eyes scanning over the pictures. All of a sudden he stopped. "Is that you?" He asked as he showed me a picture. I nodded and said "yeah." "Who took it?" "Dawn. She somehow grabbed my camera." Brian chewed on his bottom lip and turned the binder back towards his direction. "It's a bad picture of me." I said as I sighed. Brian shook his head and said "no it isn't. It's a pretty picture of you." He went to say something else but stopped himself. He reached the star pictures and was in awe. He was like a kid in a candy shop looking at them. "Where do you go? To take these?" "I usually have to go up in the country to take them. Not here in the city. There's barely any stars here. I used to go up there with my parents and I always took pictures." "Well you're an amazing photographer. And I hope that you'd take promo shots of us." I nodded and said "of course." Brian smiled and said "cool. Do you have your camera with you by any chance?" I reached for it in my bag and handed it to him. His eyes slightly widened and he said "this is an expensive camera." "It was the best birthday present I ever got." "When did you get it?" "When I turned eighteen." He nodded and said "how old are you?" "Nineteen." Brian nodded again and handed the camera back to me. "You're really good at photography. And that's your major?" I nodded and said "yeah. That's what I'm taking at the moment." "So you want some tea?" "Sure." I said. Brian stood up and walked into his kitchen, beginning to make some tea. "So how long have you known Dawn?" Brian asked as he leaned on the counter. "Since we were little. We grew up next to each other. She's always been there for me. How long have you known the boys?" "Roger and Freddie? Um, I met Roger at school and then we started in a band called Smile. We had a different lead singer at the time. This guy named Tim. And he quit. Freddie was a fan of mine. When I was in Smile, Freddie was always there. He used to tell us how much he liked our music and he'd give us ideas. When Roger and I found out he could sing, it was perfect when Tim left. Freddie became our lead singer and then we needed a bassist. That's where you and John came in. And Dawn apparently." The tea was finished and Brian and I both made ourselves a cup. "What's your favorite band?" Brian asked. "I love The Beatles but I'd have to say Led Zeppelin. I love Robert Plant." I replied. "Oh god." Brian said. I giggled and said "do you like Led Zeppelin?" "I love Led Zeppelin." "Do you like Elton John?" Brian nodded and said "he's cool. Yeah I like him." "Have you ever been to America?" I asked him. He shook his head and said "have you?" "No." The both of us were quiet for a minute and Brian said "any special place you'd like to go to in America?" "All the beachy places. Florida and California. The stars would look amazing there. And palm trees. Ugh I'd have so many beautiful pictures." "Well, if we get famous, I'll make sure to bring you on the first American tour and we'll go to those places." Brian said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "why do that for me? You barley know me." His face turned red a little and he took a sip of his tea. "Willa, I'm sure you think I'm hitting on you and I'd be lying if I said that I don't think you're pretty. Cause I do. And you're a really pretty girl and I want to get to know you. And I hope you'll still hang around if we got famous." "Me? Hang around? You guys would be the ones to forget me. You'll be famous. And you'll forget all about little old me." I said. Brian shook his head and said "I don't think I could." "You wouldn't do it purposely. You'd just do it because that's how people are." Brian shrugged and said "can we be friends? I just got out of a relationship that was pretty bad. I just want someone to talk to." I nodded and said "sure. I've never been in a relationship." Brian's eyes widened and he said "you've never been in a relationship?" "Nope." I stood up and said "where's your bathroom?" "First door on the left." I walked into the bathroom, closing the door. I sat on the toilet seat and sighed. I didn't want Brian to ask me anything else relationship wise. Since I've never been in a relationship, it'd be super awkward and embarrassing talking about things like that. It's not like I've never kissed a guy before because I have. I flushed the toilet and acted like I was going to the bathroom. I checked the time and realized I'd have to pick up dawn from school soon. I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing my binder. "Brian I hate to do this but I gotta pick up Dawn. I didn't have class today she did. I have to take her to dance class after." Brian nodded and said "that's fine. Um, what're you doing tomorrow?" "Dawn and I were going out to dinner with her dad. And our other friend, Mary." Brian nodded and said "I'll tell the guys and we'll meet you there." "You don't even know what restaurant we're going to." "That's true." I grabbed a piece of paper from my notepad and wrote down the restaurant's name and address. "I'll be seeing you tomorrow." Brian said. I smiled and said "see ya." I opened the door and headed to my car, going to pick up Dawn.

Next chapter will be a little bit better. Also I've decided that stupid ass Paul Prenter won't be in this book because he sucks
~Skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️