Chapter 27

This was The Night. The night that the winner of The Boyfriend Games would be announced. This was prom night.

Most students had skipped school just to get ready for prom night, and I was no exception, thanks to Mikaela. I had turned up at school, only to be 'kidnapped' by her and dragged to her usual salon spa thing, which was where I was now, just chilling out, with a gay stylist and his two female assistants criticising my hair. She hadn't allowed Blake to see me at all, claiming that it was 'tradition'.

"Emerald, it's too dry!" Stefan, the gay stylist, wrinkled his nose in disgust as he pulled my hair and clipped it up. "I'm gonna put serums in it, so the whole thing will go soft! Just wait here," Stefan strutted away, and the two assistants started clipping bits of my half-mustard yellow, half-honey blonde hair. Remember I dyed it at the beginning? Well, it was wearing off.

"Stefan! We're going to dye her hair!" One of the female assistants, Tanya, shouted loudly, and I heard a girly 'Okay' from somewhere in the shop. The other assistant, Cheryl, pushed a cart-table thing with dye, and started dye-ing it. Mikaela was next to me, looking at Teen Vogue while the stylists worked on her hair as well.

An hour or so later, my hair was back to its honey-blonde color, and it was soft and bouncy thanks to Stefan's hair treatment cream. "Girls, it's time for your mani-pedis!" Stefan squealed, and I flinched at his tone. I didn't know a guys' voice could go so high. Did he not have puberty or something. Mikaela groaned from next to me, and I turned to see Mikaela's formally dirty blonde hair a pretty hazel brown.

"What? It matches my dress," Mikaela defended herself, and I rolled my eyes at her thinking. The stylists brought over trays and trays of nail varnish, and instructed us to pick a few to be painted on. For my nails, I decided on a french manicure, while my toes had a metallic blue and green color. The nail-painter person settled down on her stool in front of my feet. "Hold still," She muttered, and I did as told in fear of getting scolded.

The manicurist plucked out the dead skin around my nail, and cleaned it. Then, she started painting on the color, making me burst into a fit of giggles for no reason. It was quite ticklish! "I'm guessing it's your first time at these places?" That manicurist asked, and I nodded, blushing. Was I that obvious?

The mani-pedi lasted for an hour or so, and when we were done, I felt myself feeling quite lethargic. "How much longer?" I asked Mikaela, and she grinned evilly at me. "Much, much longer," She said mysteriously, and I groaned.

We were ushered around continuously for the next four hours to style our hair up, put our make-up on and many others. I had chosen to get my hair straightened till' it was pin-straight, like Taylor Swift. Mikaela, on the other hand, decided to add some hair extensions before curling it in big waves. They did my make-up very lightly, applying blusher to make my cheekbones appear higher, and eyeliner to make my eyes bigger. Also, they gave me light-blue contact lenses so that my green eyes would appear in a turqoise color.

Mikaela had loads of make-up on her face, making her look prettier than usual. She had purplish-pink eyeshadow which made her look mysterious, and light pink lipstick to make her look younger.

"Finally, the time has come, for your dresses!" Stefan shrilled, and I narrowed my eyes at him. Why was he making such a huge deal out of this? Stefan's assistants came in, one of them holding Mikaela's dress, and the other one holding mine. My eyes widened as I took in the dress- This wasn't the dress I had bought! The dress I'd bought was a bright pink, whilst this one was turqouise. I had to admit, the turqouise one looked nicer than my old one.