Chapter 23

**Hey, umm, please don't be pissed at anything that happens next. There's always thunder or something before a rainbow, right?** 

Blake's POV

I kicked open the locked door at the warehouse, and stepped into a dark room. I could hear the shuffling of feet, and some groaning. Suddenly, the light was switched on, and I noticed Darren squatting at the corner, and a girl.. Em! 

"Hey, Blake," Mackenzie smiled at me, but I ignored her, heading straight for Darren and pulling him off her and landing a blow on his stomach. "I can't believe you would do that!" I yelled at him, repeatedly hitting his stomach. He tried to escape my clutches, but I was too mad. I was going to kill him at this rate. I hadn't noticed Mackenzie making her way over to Em, until I heard the door open once again, and light flooded in. It was Trent and the football team holding bats! 

"Dude, look at your girl!" Trent's face was horrified, and I turned just in time to see Mackenzie bringing down a baseball bat and smashing Em's head. It was like a horror movie. Em gave her a small smile, revealing her teeth and lips that were covered in crimson blood, and Mackenzie brought it down again. This time, I heard a loud 'crack', and Em's head twisted to one side. 

"Trent, cover me! I'm going to her!" I shouted, and he nodded. "I called the cops!" He yelled back at me, and I gave him the thumbs up sign, sprinting over to Mackenzie and shoving her hard. She tripped and stumbled, falling backwards and hitting her head on a table. Where did the table freakin' come from, anyways? One of the guys ran there and held her down. 

"Em?" I called her name shakily, scared that she was.. Dead. She didn't reply, and I scooted closer to her. I needed to tell her something extremely important. 

"I love you, Em," I whispered, and she smiled. "I l-" Before she managed to finished, her head lolled to one side, and her eyes shut tightly. Then, the police burst into the room, followed by paramedics. "Help!" I screamed, and a paramedic jogged to me with his bag full of life-saving stuff. After he gave her a brief check-up, he gave me a concerned look. I knew it was because I looked like a crazy man.

"She's lost quite a lot of blood from her wounds, and we need to bring her to the hospital right now," He told me, and I nodded, standing up quickly. He whistled and in a  second, the rest of the paramedics were there, lifting her gently onto the stretcher. They quickly took her out, and I followed them silently. 

"How are you related to her?" One of the paramedics was scribbling stuff down on the clip board, and I politely informed them that I was her boyfriend in a strained tone. They passed me her mobile phone, and told me to call all the people that were important to her. I scrolled through her iPhone, glad to find a special contact group of important people. 

Mom. 

Blake.

Darren.

Randy.

Mikaela.

Wait a second.. Mikaela?! 

When was Mikaela close to Em? I contemplated whether to call her or not, and finally decided to go with her decision or whatever. I dialled her Mom first, then Randy, and then Mikaela. Their reactions were quite similar, actually.