Chapter 22

Em's POV

Blake had been ignoring me for three days already. And, prom was in two weeks! Was I still going with him? He had to man up and talk to me soon! What do I do? I decided to look for Mikaela. Not that I liked her, she was the total opposite of me. She was a slut, I wasn't, and so on. But, because of that little bonding session with her in that toilet awhile ago, I had a feeling she could help me. I took out my iPhone, and roughly tapped the screen, eager to find her contact number. 

At first, I couldn't, because I searched under 'M'. But, I realised that I had labeled her as 'Slut' in my phone. "Sorry Mikaela," I apologised to my phone as if I was speaking to Mikaela, and immediately changed it. Then, I pressed the dial thing, and heard the ringing tone. It only rang once, and Mikaela's sharp voice pierced through the receiver.  

"Hullo?" She asked in annoyance, and I flinched. Was she going to pretend she didn't know me? "It's me, Em?" I asked, crossing my fingers that she would at least acknowledge me. There was an awkward silence, before she replied. "What? I thought we were equal?" She rudely told me, and I gasped. "When?" I questioned- She had told me that she owed me one, but I hadn't asked for it.. Yet. 

"You wanted Blake to know all the rules of the game, remember? I gave him the rule book." She hissed, and I was shocked. "He didn't tell me," I informed her, and she gasped extremely dramatically. "You mean he did it on his own accord?!" She shrieked and I held my iPhone away from my ear. Boy, she was loud. 

She gave me her address and told me to go there immediately, and frankly, it kind of intimidated me. "Yeah.. Sure," I said uncertainly, before hanging up. What did I need to bring to her house anyways? I put in all my necessities, before removing them. And, I repeated that about six times. After my whole fiasco, I dashed towards the  bus stop.

*~*~*

I reached her side of town forty-five minutes later. It was completely different from where I lived. The houses here were like ten times the size of mine. And, the shabbiest one out of them still had a giant marble fountain and a lap pool! Rich people alert!

"Where is her house?" I mumbled to myself, looking at my note with her address on it and scanning the whole area.

I should've known hers would be the biggest and prettiest of them all. Mikaela's house was four levels tall, and the path from the iron gates to her front door was about a mile long. As I walked the distance, I took in the beautiful scenery such as her football-stadium sized pond with gooses, swans and ducks paddling and nesting around in, a giant olympic-sized swimming pool and a stable filled with many horses. 

Finally, I reached her house. She was standing at her doorstep, looking really impatient in her Victoria's Secret tank top and denim shorts. "Why didn't you take the golf cart?" She asked, and I widened my eyes. "There was?" My voice went a few tones higher with curiousity. "Didn't you see it?" She rolled her eyes. "It was at the gate!" She gestured towards it, and I craned my neck. Surprisingly, there was a guy in uniform sitting in a cart. 

"He must've appeared outta nowhere!" I told her, and she snorted, before letting me in the house. 

The interior of her house was even nicer than it's outside. I could compare it to paradise. I'll leave it up to your imagination to think of what it looks like, but to me, it was magnificent. "Oh cool!!" I squealed, sliding on her marble floor with my socks so that it was like I was skating. She led me to her lift, and we got in.