Chapter 13 ✓

Chapter 13

EDITED.

"So, what are we meant to do again?" Blake looked at me confusedly and I smirked at him. We were seated next to each other in a 'booth'. Basically, there were five such booths and each couple were seated in one in a semi-circle. Right smack in the middle was a podium, and many cameras surrounding us.

How did Mikaela manage to get so much equipment into this forest and turn it into some mini-stadium in just half a day? The work done looked like it had taken not months, but years to build. My question was answered when I scanned the room and saw about three dozen muscular men that were surrounding us as well. They looked tired, and were covered in dust. Mikaela must've hired them to pitch this 'tent' up. 

"Is the camera rolling?" Mikaela asked, stepping onto the podium when one of the camera crew gave her the thumbs up sign. She gave us a firm nod, and started talking into the tiny mic. "Welcome, contestants. Today is your first round of the competition. It's easy- All you have to do is answer the questions I ask each of you. The questions will be about your lover, and the team that loses gets kicked out."

Blake and I were seated in the fourth booth because we were the fourth to arrive. Mikaela started asking the first girl in Booth One questions.

"What's his fave colour?"

"Favourite sport?"

Out of the six questions that she had asked the girl, the girl managed to get two correct- Two points for the group. Mikaela was already shaking her head, and 'Tsk-ing' away. "You are stupid. You don't know anything about him, all you care about is this game!" 

The other three couples were asked similar questions, and some more, like 'When is his or her birthday?"

They got three, five and one respectively, one being Darren and Massie. I shot Darren a quick grin, before Mikaela strutted towards my booth thing and started bombarding me with questions.

"When's Blake's birthday?"

"What's his favourite colour?"

"What's his aspiration for the future?"

Out of the three questions she asked me, I got one correct- The second. I remember he had told me his favourite colour was black, because it hid everything.

Mikaela proceeded to ask Blake the same questions, and surprisingly, he got two correct, earning us a total of three points! Go team Emerlake! Yeah, that's right - I fused our names together! Mikaela snapped her fingers, and her butler (snobby, obviously), walked out with this chalkboard that had our scores on it. 

In first place was Alison and her target with five points. Second was Lia Golding, with three points. I was a bit miffed with the injustice at this- I had gotten three points too! But all Mikaela said was, "She got it first." It didn't make any sense at all! Third was yours truly, and fourth was Deanne Raymond. Last, and the least, was Darren. Massie had thrown a big fit at this, and was now refusing to speak to him. Yay!

"Okay, listen. There's one more round of this, and it's a charades round. One team will be kicked out from this, and tomorrow, there's another game. This game is to see if your partner knows you so well that he is able to infer what you're doing right away."