Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Hey Massie," I walked over towards the both of them, smiling sweetly, "What are you doing with my best friend?" Then, I gave her a soft push with my knee, and she fell off her seat.

"You ruined my outfit, freak!" She squeaked at me and I rolled my eyes. Trust her to get annoyed with her dress when her butt must've hurt like hell. Talk about priorities.

"Please, your outfit looks like you cut out holes in a rubbish bag and put it on," I snorted. Actually, her dress was quite nice - it was a light pink sheer top and she'd worn it with a long and white high-low skirt and a thick brown belt.

"I've decided to date her, Em," Darren said matter-of-factly, smiling at her. There was something about his smile that was different. It wasn't genuine at all. "I hope we can work this out."

"If you date her, I'm not gonna be your friend anymore!" I warned him furiously. Childish, I know. I noticed his left eye spasming or something. He was like blinking, but with one eye. And very quickly. Then, I realised - He was winking at me! Oh. He was mouthing something. That was when I realized that he was faking it.

I smiled to myself. This must've been part of Darren's plan, but I didn't get how it could help me. I continued with my brilliant act, and gave him a tight slap across the face. He winced and I instantly regretted it. I guessed I slapped too hard. I mouthed a quick "sorry" at him, and stormed away to the school garden to meet him, hoping he got the message.

When I got there, I was surprised that it was empty. After seven minutes of waiting not-so-patiently, I gave up and stalked towards the carpark. I was already late for class, and I didn't want detention. I was going to skip for today.

I was nearing my car, when someone grabbed my arm and caused me to skid to a stop. "Piss off," I snapped without checking who it was.

"I wouldn't say that, if I were you." That annoying voice caused me to turn to face him. His face had an amused smirk on it.

"Oh. It's you. Okay, now piss off," I tried to keep my cool, but my voice was getting squeaky.

"Trying to skip? Want a ride?" Blake asked seriously, and I spent a split second thinking of the pros and cons. Getting a ride from Blake meant that I didn't have to walk home, but the con was that I had to sit in the car with this annoying piece of poop.

I nodded my head and agreed, "Sure, let's go."

"Oh my god. Why do you drive so freaking slow?" I complained as Blake finally turned into the carpark of the local mall. We had been in the car for fourty minutes already, and I was getting annoyed. I just wanted ice cream.

"Driving fast is harmful. You know an aeroplane is safer than a car?" Blake launched into a long and boring explanation about god-knows-what.

"Shut up, let's get our ice cream." I cut him short. We walked into Ben & Jerry's ice cream parlour, and I walked to the person working there.