Chapter 17

"Let's get this clear. The man-bracelet is with the other girl?" I squeaked angrily. Hmm, trust him to come and beg me to forgive him when he had given the bracelet to Mikaela, the pretty.. Hot... Girl. "No it's not like that..." He rushed to explain what had happened, but I didn't want to hear any of it.

"Just.. Go." I sighed, and pushed him out of the house and slamming the door before turning to face Darren, my ex-best friend turned friend. Sympathy was written on his face. "Are you okay?" He asked me, patting my back hesitantly. I was still in my death mood, and I hadn't complete forgiven Darren, so I snapped. "Get the f*ck out, idiot!" And marched to my room. Darren knew better than to come and comfort me. I hardly used the horrid F-word, and when I did, it wasn't good. The last time I said it, it was to this girl that had bullied Darren. And, she ended up with a broken nose.

"Assholes." I murmured to myself, hugging a pillow and flopping onto my bed. I needed to talk to someone, a girl. I had hung out with boys too much of the time, and I was starting to act like one. I took out my phone from my back pocket, and dialled that number that I hadn't dared to call.. Until now.

"Hello? Who's this?" That sharp voice cut through the air and I blinked rapidly. Did Angel forget who I was? "Hey.. It's Em. Remember me?" I asked nervously. A second passed.. Then two.. And then, she hung up on me. "Shit!" I shouted at the wall, and the noise bounced back, echoing. Did Angel forget who I was? Why? 

I was wrong. After ten minutes of wallowing in self-pity, Angel burst into my room, with her shades on. "What's up girl? Are you okay?" She asked, rubbing my back soothingly. I looked at the floor, shaking my head before telling her the whole story. When I was done, I was in tears, and she was hugging me tightly. 

"I was starting to fall for him!" I wailed, bawling my eyes out, and Angel glared at nothing in particular. "That piece of shit needs to get a lesson on it. I don't care if I get fire, I'm gonna get him back for it." She said through gritted teeth, and I nodded quite enthusiastically. He deserved what was going to come.

* * * 

The next day, I walked to school, feeling happy. Blake was about to be dealt with, and I was dressed up prettily again to embrace my 'singlehood', well kind of. I was in a white summer dress that ended mid-thigh, and I had worn a flowery long-vest along with it, and peep-toe wedges. Mom had lent me her pretty Chanel hand bag, and it complimented the whole outfit. 

Boys stared at my legs, boobs and so on as I walked into the hallway. Some even wolf-whistled. I could hear some comments like 'She's single? Boo yah!' and 'Blake wasn't good enough for her'. It made my day. The minute Blake saw me, his mouth dropped open, and his face contorted into a frown. He stormed to me, and I glared at him.

"Why are you dressed like that? All the boys are staring!" He whispered furiously into my ear. "Why can't I dress like that?" I asked him casually, which made him frown even more. "Don't you realise that you're my girlfriend?" He hissed, and I shrugged. "I thought we broke up.. Which means I'm on the market again!" I winked at him, and started walking away, only to be grabbed by him roughly. "Hands off!" I snarled and he growled menacingly at me. "We never broke up!" He growled, and I shivered slightly. "Yes we did. We broke up the day you gave your bracelet to that girl. Where is she anyways?" I asked coldly. He stared at me, his face full of horror.