Chapter 6

[Pic of Darren--->  

Playing Darren is.... Lucas Till:D]

"I'm.. Sorry." Blake gave me a sincere smile that wasn't from the player's handbook. My jaw dropped. When did the "amazing" womanizer, Blake Richards start apologising? And, what was he apologizing for?

"Why are you sorry?" I demanded, narrowing my eyes at him. It couldn't be because of what he'd done with Willa.. Could it?

"I'm sorry that..." He dragged it out to keep the supense, "Willa is prettier than you." Oh no he didn't. He did not just say that. I wasn't one to care so much about my looks, but that was just a low insult. And, I obviously looked so much better than Willa!

"That was real funny," I retorted, scoffing. I wasn't that hurt about it, because I knew that Blake liked those kind of girls; the slutty ones with too-short skirts that rode up when they leaned into someone. He couldn't and wouldn't be able to appreciate someone like me.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night," He smirked, and turned away. I rolled my eyes at his disappearing figure, and started walking towards nowhere since it was currently my free period.

After five minutes of walking around the school aimlessly, I got a text from Darren.

Meet me at secret place. Darren xx

I smiled to myself, our secret place was where we first met- The school pond. No one went there anymore because of those stupid rumours that the cheerleaders had started. Someone died there.. Someone got raped there... Someone got....

Anyways, It wasn't true. That's why on Darren and I went there now to escape the crazy world.

When I got there, Darren was leaning against the big oak tree, his dirty blonde hair brushed up. He was wearing his signature outfit- A checkered T-Shirt with his faded denim jeans. If he hadn't been my best friend since elementary school, I would've so wanted to date him.

"Hey Em, what's wrong?" He asked, looking worried. He was chewing his bottom lip.

"Nothing is wrong." I forced a smile and he glared at me.

"I know when something's wrong, you know. Don't lie to me. Tell me everything." He was using his 'soothing' tone, which I was totally a sucker for. And, I started spilling everything - The Boyfriend Games, Blake and just... Everything. I was breaking the rules of the games, but I didn't care.

When I was finished, about ten minutes later, his face was scrunched up in disgust. "You got Blake Richards?!" He gave me a sympathetic look. Yep, he got my pain.

"Yeah." I tried to shrug the matter off, but he wasn't going to let it go that easily. A slight gleam entered his eyes and his frown was turned upside down. He snapped his fingers and shouted, "Eureka!"

"Who says eureka anymore?" I snorted at him and he laughed.

"People that are too cool," He pointed to himself. Then, his face turned serious. "Hey, I got a plan for you!!" He jumped up and down, scraping himself against the bark of the oak tree, "Come here," He gestured for me to walk towards him, and then he whispered into my ear. My smile got wider with every word, and I instantly agreed with his idea.

"Okay, you have to hold my hand," Darren instructed and I tangled my hands with his. We walked back into school in a love-dovey manner. The minute we walked back into the building, whispers erupted from all over.

"They're dating?"

"Noooo! I wanted Darren!"'

"They're such a cute couple!"

"I thought she was Blake's..?"

Nonetheless, none of them dared to walk up to Darren and me to ask if it was true, until Massie, a fellow competitor that was targeting Darren, walked up to us.

"So, is it true?" She hissed at me, and smiled demurely at Darren. By now Darren already knew that he was going to be used, so he didn't succumb to her 'flirting'.

"Yes, it is. Wasn't it expected? She's been my best friend for a long time already! Most people expected it," He replied,  smiling at me with a glint in his eye. I held back my laugh at her reaction. It was like her whole body had gone into a spasm. Her right eye was twitching, and her left eye was tearing, smudging the mascara. She was frozen on the spot for a moment, then, she ripped off the headband she had put on her head.

"She'd told me the headband would work," She muttered, more to herself than to him. Darren gave her a pitying look.

"It works, but not on you. You look better in a garbage bag."

That killed me, and I literally "ROFLed". I never knew Darren would dare to say this to Massie, a popular sophomore. Massie threw her hands up frustratedly and stomped off in her one blue and one pink Converse sneakers. It was an idea that she probably copied from me as I usually wore that. She obviously had no fashion sense.

"Darren, is it working? It doesn't seem real enough." I whispered in his ear as he hugged me tightly once more, our usual greeting sign. He looked deep in thought for awhile, then he pulled me closer towards him.

"We'll have to step up our game then," Darren smirked, cupping my cheeks. Then, he smashed his lips onto mine. At first I struggled to shove him off, but then, I realized what he was doing. It didn't quite work though.

Blake stated at us weirdly, and then chuckled. "You're trying to make me jealous already? Not working," He scoffed, and I narrowed my eyes at Darren for his failed plan. Darren winked, grabbing my hand again.

"We'll, you're too much of a faggot to understand," Darren stated, and many students gasped. Darren had just called Blake a faggot.

"I dare you to repeat that," Blake lowered his voice aggressively, and Darren grinned. I tightened my grip on Darren's hand, trying to warn him not to repeat his words. I knew that it was a really big and low insult to all guys, straight or gay.

"You're a faggot."

Blake suddenly growled like a bear, lunging for Darren. Immediately, Darren pushed me out of the way, letting Blake tackle him. All the students rounded them as Blake attacked, while Darren grinned, blocking some of his advances.

Then, I heard a student scream that a teacher was coming, and everyone quickly dispersed, including Blake. All that was left was a bruised and bloody Darren.

"Asshole!" I yelled at Blake's retreating figure, before grabbing Darren and lugging him to the nurse's office.