Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"I did that, because I like you."

I looked at him curiously. Did I hear him correctly? Did he say that he liked me? Yep, I most probably heard wrong. I started laughing at myself for my suck-ish hearing, and Randy stared at me in disbelief, "This is where you're meant to reply."

I stared at him, my eyes as big as saucers. He actually said that? This time, I was a hundred-and-sixty percent sure he said that. I didn't know whether I liked him back or not in that way. I sure liked him, but I held an attraction towards Blake. When Blake held my hand, tingles would run up and down my body. I didn't get that reaction from Randy. I turned back to Randy to see no trace of happiness left behind. In it's place was anger and sadness. "You won't, right?" His said quietly. I looked at him concernedly- I had never seen him like this before. 

"I don't know.. Yet" I mumbled, trying to avoid eye-contact with him. He got out of his car without saying another word to me. 

Throughout the whole day at school, everywhere I went, I heard whispers erupt. I didn't bother listening to them until Darren came up to me looking urgent.

"Did you hear what happened and all that?" He asked me, poking my stomach. I glared at him.

"No I didn't. What is it?" I asked angrily. I was kind of PMSing right now, and I didn't want to get bothered. He shook his head and gave a short-lived laugh because I punched him in the stomach lightly.

"Ow!" He flinched. Oops, I thought I'd hit lightly. 

"Okay, long story short. Randy went to beat up Blake, and they got into a big fight. Blake got it worse than Randy. The reason they did it was cus' of you. You and Blake got into a quarrel and you slept with Randy? Tsk tsk," Darren shook his head disapprovingly. I felt my cheeks flush at the word 'sleep', and I hurried to correct him.

"Nononono! I quarrelled with Blake and went to Randy's house to bake!" I corrected him, then realised how stupid it sounded. Who actually did that nowadays?

"Yeah sure," Darren rolled his eyes and took my bag away from me. 

"Let's just get to health class." He walked in front of me, where I was trudging along unwillingly. Blake was in this class, and I didn't want to see him after he insulted me so badly. 

When I got to class, I noticed Blake staring at me with that weird glint in his eye. I tried to avoid eye-contact, but failed miserably. He smiled at me, and I gave him my scariest face. "What are you doing?!" Darren hissed into my ear. He must've notice what me and Blake were doing. I didn't reply him, and dashed to take a seat.

*

"Students! You must have protected sexual intercourse! Here take some!" Mrs Stewart, our Health Class teacher announced, passing out a basket of condoms for us to take. Some of those dumb varsity jocks snickered and grabbed a handful. Ugh, this was so awkward. Didn't she know that some of us were too unpopular or ugly to even get a chance? Namely, me.