Chapter 18

"And the winner is..." 

The crowd of students fell silent, some even praying for either Mackenzie or me to win. Some were glaring at Mackenzie, and some were shooting angry looks at me. I was silently praying and crossing my fingers, toes and eyes. I probably looked like a loony.

"Emerald."

The whole gym fell into a stunned silence. I could tell that no one had believed that I could win. I didn't either. Compared to Mackenzie, I was just some random clumsy hippo, while she was those really beautiful swans. 

Mackenzie was the first to snap out of that weird trance all of us were in. "So. You're saying that I lost to that annoying elephant?" She snarled at everyone, her eye twitching randomly. "Erm. Yes." The class council president bluntly told her, and she started snarling like those tigers you see at the zoo. I knew that very soon, she would be trying to claw my eyes out.

Joseph, also known as the council president, must've known what I was thinking, because he snapped his fingers loudly, and in an instant, two buff jocks surrounded her and grabbed her arms. "Let me go!" She shrieked, thrashing around. But, obviously, the jocks were stronger than her. She started weakening, getting tired from the shrieking and whatever. Finally, she relaxed and they dragged her out.

Blake jogged towards me, and I stuck my nose in the air. Not because I was a show-off, but I wanted to prove to Blake that I was still mad. "You know, I didn't do this to win you. I did this cus' I don't like losing." I told him, faking my anger, and he laughed at me. Laughed. "Em, you know you like meeeee!" He teased, tickling me, and I lightly shoved him away. "I know I like yooooo-ghurt." I gave him a cheshire smile, and he rolled his eyes.

"You know you like meee.. You wanna date me.. You wanna kiss me..." He taunted, and I rolled my green orbs. "How childish are you, Blake?" I asked him jokingly, and he replied,"Very." 

I'm sure my eyeballs were on rolling frenzy now from all that weird stuff Blake just said. I started walking away, out of the gym and towards the carpark, knowing Blake would chase after me. He did, shouting,"Hey Em, wait up!" As he walked briskly to catch up with me. "What Blake?" I sighed, and poked his stomach. "You don't have a ride home. Sooo, I'm gonna be your ride home!" He told me, and sudden realisation hit me- I didn't have a car. 

"Shit!" I slapped my forehead. How could I not remember that I didn't have a car? "Yeah, I need a ride from you." I told Blake, before scanning the carpark for his Mercedes. I couldn't find it. 

"Where's the Merc?" I asked Blake curiously, and his face flushed before he meekly admitted something I did not want to hear.

"I rode my bike today." 

His bike? Motorbike? "Umm.. It's fine. I'll walk home.." I told him, starting to power-walk towards the exit, but Blake pulled me back. "Come on, for mee?" He gave me that killer look- The cross between puppy-dog eyes and some other thing, and I gave in immediately. "Fine." I said grudgingly, and he grabbed my hand before leading me to some scary looking bike. 

I stretched my arm out towards him, waiting for him to hand me the helmet. "What are you doing?" Blake looked at me as if I was stupid, and I glared at him. "Where's the helmet?" I asked matter-of-factly, and he blushed. "Umm.. I might've forgotten it." He told me softly, and I shot daggers at him with my eyes.