Chapter 29 Worthless

OK so I still have an authors note, but I feel like some of you may be skipping it. I just have one quick thing if you want to skip it, even though it's a short one this time.

If ANYONE is interested in helping me make a youtube video then please message me! I really want to do like a cool summary one of this but I am stupid at technology and I think it would be fun to collab so yeah.

ALSO if you are intersted, I need a new cover cus this one is shitty and has my old username. MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR JUST FOR ANY REASON I DON'T KNOW COME SAY HI I WANT TO MEET YOU GUYSSSS;[

--------------------------

"Let's go to the beach!" Alicia said jumping up and down to stay warm as we stood outside of the club. It was 12:30 and most people were so drunk that they began going home with strangers and friends alike.

"At 12:30 in the morning? In the winter? Do you have a death wish?" Sam asked as Becca clung to him for warmth.

"No, I agree with her, we discussed it earlier. Plus it'll make it even more of a memorable New Year 's Eve if we go to the beach," I said earning a smile from Alicia.

"It'll be empty and we can have our own private beach," Drew said searching for a look of approval from Kyle. But he was too busy staring after his brother who was climbing into the driver side of a Camaro with a red haired girl that looked like Katerina, the hooker who I paid to sleep with Vincent. Alex sent us a smirk before disappearing into the vehicle and zooming off to a destination that was probably the closest motel.

"Senorita, you're father wants us home by four," Jorge said looking up from his phone and making me groan. This is my house. This is still my mafia. I still have my rules. And you are still my daughter and prodigy. So yes, until I hand this mafia over to you on your twenty—first birthday, I have custody over your decisions unless you don't actually wish to run this mob. My father's rant circled like a choo—choo train through my brain as I scowled at the cracked sidewalk that had gum stuck to it.

"Perfect, let's just head to the beach and then home," Becca said hugging her cardigan around her shoulders.

"Jorge and George, we only need one car going home. You two can take the SUV and hang out at the bars and meet us back home," I said before Jorge handed me the keys. He gave me a small nod before walking with George down the sidewalk lined with clubs, bars, and restaurants that were still packed with party—goers.

The six of us got into the car and Kyle drove us down State Street until we reached the beach that was desolate. We all piled out and began running to the sand only to be stopped by our uncomfortable shoes. Alicia, Becca, and I threw our shoes off before running through the cool golden sand as the guys picked up blankets from the back of the car.

"Who would have though the night would lead to this?" Becca asked over the wind rustling through my ears. I sent her a grin before reaching the edge of the water. It was so cool and inviting compared to my hot and clammy skin that had my hair sticking in wild places.

"Let's go skinny dipping," I said staring out at the water in wonder as Alicia and Becca sent me wide eyed looks.

"Are you crazy?! It's probably 35 degrees!" Alicia said making me laugh.

"If we make a fire and wrap up in the blankets we could be ok," I said sending Becca raised eyebrow. She nodded slowly yet reluctantly; as if her head was disagreeing with her body.

"This is supposed to be our last night, isn't it?" Becca asked with a smile painting over her lips.

We relayed the information to the boys who looked at us as if we were nuts. But they reluctantly agreed to the crazy plan. They quickly built a roaring fire (I understand that this is unrealistic. Roll with it) and we stared at the foreboding ocean. The moon was full and bright despite the hour and beckoning us forward, almost like a siren begging a pirate to come into the deadly waters.