Chapter 32 Mission Ninja Attack

After a silent thirty minute car ride, we arrived back at the mansion that was my official prison. It would forever be that until I owned this place and this mob.

As we pulled up to the wrap around drive way I could see Alicia and Becca standing on the porch in pajamas. They immediately sprinted to us as I climbed out of the still moving vehicle. I ran to the them with open arms and felt instant relief wash over me. They were safe. I was safe. Everyone was ok. Well, not entirely.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Alicia said as she hugged me tighter. I could feel Becca's tears wetting my jacket and I brought her closer to me before closing my eyes in comfort. I felt a tear leak out of my eye at their sincerity and overwhelming support. They weren't running away or asking to quit. They were staying by my side like we had when we were freshmen searching the Berkeley campus for parties or coffee. Instead now we were searching for ways to survive and stay at the top of the gang ladder.

"Thank you for being there for me," I said sniffing away more tears as I pulled back and smiled at the two girls.

"Bitches stick together," Becca said making Alicia and I laugh softly and break our streak of tears.

"I hate to disrupt this moving moment, but we need to get started on evidence and covering our tracks," Jorge said. I nodded, remembering my reason for this entire night in the first place. We shuffled into the house and our wonderful butler handed me a set of cotton pajamas that I was immediately grateful for.

"Can I shower first?" I asked hopeful and watching Jorge battle between his caring side and mob side.

"Yes," he finally spit out.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes. I expect to see you girls there with some lattes," I said eyeing them with false suspicion as they smiled and moved to our headquarter room.

I went upstairs and quickly took off the gunk that was makeup and washed the hairspray out of my hair. I felt much cleaner and purer than before, but not as much as I really wanted. What would cleanse me of everything going on would be the deaths of Kenny and Alex.

But not everything can be accomplished in one night.

I got out of the shower and pulled the soft pajamas on; enjoying the comforting feeling as the cuffs at the bottoms of my pants dragged as I walked. I strapped my handgun to my calf just in case and shuffled into my room, ready to enter a meeting that would surely last through the night. That is... until I saw Kyle sitting slumped over on my bed.

"Kyle!" I shouted with glee as I watched his head slowly rise. His eyes were bloodshot and he had bags under them, evidence of the secrets he had been keeping and the alcohol level in his blood.  Along with his ever-present black eye that was adorned from the woman he said he loved most in the world.

He smiled despite the look of tiredness on his face and I leapt in his arms. I hugged him tight to my body, enjoying the feeling of my chest fitting perfectly to his. His toned body feeling hard, yet soft as I knew where his weak points were. Where his scar on his left hip came from. What ticklish places made him snort. His sweet spot just below his ear.

He was familiar. He was safe. "Princess we need to talk," He said making me go rigid in his arms. But then I remembered our conversation from earlier that night. He was willing to come clean to me. It was my dream come true. But I wanted him to do it in a stable mindset. Not drunken slurs. Especially not with the thoughts of shooting his father and brother in the back of my mind.

"I have a meeting that's going to go through until the morning with the guys. I promise when you wake up and I see you we can talk then," I said with my arms around his neck. He seemed to loll the idea around his head before he nodded  reluctantly. I smiled brightly at him before pecking him on the lips.