Chapter 33 Curiosity Killed the Cat

Marinas POV:

Chaos. That's all we had been surrounded by this past week. Entrée tasting, curtain colors, dress styles. That was what my life had become, and I sure as hell was not enjoying it.

"MARINA!" Jorge yelled from behind me as I popped a dessert tester in my mouth. Ohhh Carmel, definitely a check yes from me.

"The world better be about to end," I said as I began walking away to Alicia who was picking out the dining table cloth arrangements.

"It is, I promise you," He said as I whizzed around curiously. This ball had been taking up my life and I would do almost anything to get out of doing it now. I had also been trying to pack up all of my things for Berkeley on my off time which was designated to 'beauty sleep' as Jorge called it.  I was a walking mess with bags under my eyes.

I had hardly any time for Kyle which I felt extremely bad about, but he seemed ok with it. The boys and him were having a blast trying out new gun gear. No pun intended.

Kyle's family had finally come back from the hospital. Yes the two fucktards lived. Fucking joy. But our little arsenic trick was bound to work with our highly trained waiters and so I knew I could be in my happy bubble shortly. They had kept to the confines of their rooms for obvious reason. One; it was a crazy ballistic mess down here. And two; being stabbed and shot isn't easy to come back from.

 Katerina was dead. As dead as she could be. Kyle didn't seem too bothered about it and I hadn't seen much of his brother or father to decide how they were coping. All I knew was her body was shipped back east and we would be attending the funeral a week after we arrived back at school.

"So our issue is... The flower arrangements don't match our wine colored napkins," He said in a jumble of words as I blinked. Oh right, caring because these things apparently mattered.

"OH GODDAMMIT YOU HAD ONE JOB JORGE WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO. YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST CANCEL THE BALL. WE CAN'T GO ON. THESE ARE ATTROCIOUS CONDITIONS.  IT'S TOO MUCH," I yelled before crumbling to the ground in mock defeat. I heard a giggle escape from Alicia's mouth before I peeped an eye to see a smiling Alicia and an uninterested Jorge.

"These things are more important than you might imagine Senorita. Especially when you have your ally's snotty wife complaining about them to you while she's drunk," A voice said behind me as I looked up to see Rich. He had done everything in his power to make up for what he had said. But he was much too low. And I wasn't about to forgive that.

I slowly sat up and then proceeded to stand before sending him a glare before walking away. I was now in an even worse mood with his unnecessary appearance.

I marched straight to the prisoner quarters; there was one person I could use this anger on. Vincent. I had definitely taken too much time off from questioning him.

I traveled down the hallway before I found Kyle standing in front of his cell with a smirk on his face.

"Kyle?" I questioned as I slowed to a stop. His face immediately dropped as he looked at me and I stared back confused. He had been slightly closed off since the last time he had tried to unravel his secrets. The ball was just absorbing so much of my time that I wasn't ready to have a mental breakdown from them. We had both been a little distant because of that.

"Princess, we should get you some lunch! How about my treat at Chipotle, ease your mind a bit," Kyle said as he raced towards me before I could take a step closer and he spun me around in a circle. I giggled at his eagerness as he bent his head down and kissed me softly on the lips. He was so gentle, like I was a baby bird with fragile bones that might break.