Chapter 39 Sex

KYLE’S POV BEFORE MARINA HAD GONE TO DA CLUB:

I twirled the gun on my desk, bored out of my mind as I propped my feet up. I had gotten caught up on a whole lot of paper work these past few months. So much that I wouldn’t have to do anymore until the ball next year.

I would have to go then. To be able to keep the cartel going, I would have to go to it to renew allies. I would have to see her. The girl who I watched transform into a woman. The one that kept me up at night. The one I had loved and lost.

I couldn’t face her disapproval. I couldn’t see the adorable snarl drawn on her face as she pointed a gun at me. I couldn’t have her.

She deserved better than me and my cartel.  Her mafia was the biggest and best all around. My alliance to her mafia would only drag her down. Emotionally. Not physically. But… if I allied with her cartel, we would both be on top. Her cartel had done better than ever before in the Baracada-Sanguis mafia. I had even researched it nearly a hundred years back. But mine did have a more inexpensive supply system, keeping me silently on her heels. We would be invincible together.

But not anymore. She was probably going on missions every chance she got with that gleam of pride and mischief in her eyes. Partying with Becca and Alicia. And most importantly, being the best mob leader to grace this earth. She had to be happy. She had it all. When I had left her, she didn’t seem too unhappy. I knew she was partly upset I hadn’t visited her while she lay in that hospital bed. But I did visit. When she was sleeping.

And I had people watching her. Not too closely, but close enough. She seemed fine.

But here I sat like the pathetic piece of shit I am. Grieving over a woman I would never be able to have.

“Boss!” A voice squeaked from behind the door before being shoved open with unnecessary force.

I rolled my eyes at the young kid as he sheepishly walked in. “What have I said over and over again? Knock before I think you’re a threat and try to blow your brains out,” I said even though I would always know it was his stupid ass.

“Sorry boss,” He said softly before looking at me again with puppy dog eyes.

“Now what the hell is making you so excited?” I asked gruffly leaning back in my chair.

She’s here,” He said softly as I looked at him in bewilderment.

“What do you mean she’s here,” I barked as I threw my feet off of my desk and leaned closer with earnestness.

“She’s checking the security breach she had boss,” He admitted as I smirked. I had almost forgotten about our break in the other night. We had run slightly short on supplies. Just a little. One of our runners had unfortunately encountered a police man while attempting to carry it across the border back to the states. And I was not going to lose that profit. So, we paid a little visit to her warehouse and I may or may not have ordered a few killed and one to be shot in the back where she had been shot. A warning if you will.